• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Cable A-2 goat size 46" - photos and measurements.

Peter Graham

Re: Eastman Cable A-2 in goat on sale - photos and measureme

Tasty. Loads of grain straight out of the box. It was 8 degrees today. Time to dig my Cable out of the wardrobe. :D

A

Anonymous

It is indeed that time of year Peter :D

I did a hot water wash shower on it the first night and wore it about the house and since then I've sat scrunching it up whilst watching TV :oops: It's softening up nicely !

Let's hope it gets warm enough to wear it on the 'bike.

Dave

Falcon_52

Re: Eastman Cable A-2 goat size 46" - photos and measurement

That looks very nice indeed! I love the color. I hope Eastman decides to try another "original maker" jacket in goatskin now that the Cable went to horsehide.

Wear it in good health, Dave.

Noel

A

Anonymous

Thanks Noel. Much appreciated.

It would be nice though to know what Gary's thinking was behind the change ...... :|

Dave

better duck

JACKET_ HEAD said:
It is indeed that time of year Peter :D

I did a hot water wash shower on it the first night and wore it about the house and since then I've sat scrunching it up whilst watching TV :oops:

Ha ha, I do that too!Straaaaange people we are. Hope you had the curtains closed! :lol:

Chandler

Falcon_52 said:
...now that the Cable went to horsehide.

I must have missed something -- is ELC not making the Cable in goat anymore? I thought the original contract was goat?

Jacket Head -- is that a new-from-ELC jacket? It's pretty sweet looking.

Chandler

BONNIEGIRL4

I as well would like to know why what I considered as well as many here, to be one of ELC's best repro's, switched to HH, they may overdoing the Warhorse thing a bit - TOM

A

Anonymous

Chandler said:
Falcon_52 said:
...now that the Cable went to horsehide.

I must have missed something -- is ELC not making the Cable in goat anymore? I thought the original contract was goat?

Jacket Head -- is that a new-from-ELC jacket? It's pretty sweet looking.

Chandler

Hi Chandler,
Yep, it arrived Tuesday when I took the first 3 pics and the remainder I took on Thursday after a little hot water treatment.
Dave

drew parker

Hey Jackethead, I've been thinking about getting the size 48. You got the 46, how tall are you and what's your waist size, chest size. How's the 46 fit on you.

A

Anonymous

Hey Drew,
I'm 5'9", 46" chest, 36" waist. Think rugby player physique ! I'll post photos of me wearing it later - when the rest of the UK including my wife is awake !
I think it fits me fine with a t shirt and thin sweater or just a t shirt. (the forearms and shoulders are the most snug if you like but that's more down to my build than anything. I could probably wear a 48" but it would have too much loose at the waist. Thankfully I don't have a gut yet.
Hope that helps. If you can then get one. There's a good reason everyone who has one raves about them !
Cheers
Dave

A

Anonymous

Here it (and I) am ...................

CableA-2.jpg

Hawkeye

Veeery nice. Did you hot water the entire jacket? I only got the nerve up to do the arms and collar on mine.

A

Anonymous

Hawkeye said:
Veeery nice. Did you hot water the entire jacket? I only got the nerve up to do the arms and collar on mine.

Yep, the whole jacket. BUT only on the outside. I zipped the jacket up and got the shower on hot and sprayed over the jacket for a couple of minutes. Then donned it and did a load of exaggerated movements etc then laid it on the floor overnight and wore it the next day. The following couple of days I just kinda mashed the jacket up in my hands (dry not re-wetted) whilst watching TV to soften the hide up further.

I'm not a fan of the total immersion then tumble dry method myself but to each their own !

Sorry the photos is pants but I think everyone who has asked their missus to take a photo of them wearing "one of those identical jackets " will have some empathy ! :D

Dave

Roughwear

You have done an excellent job here Dave. It looks as if it's been on 20+ missions already. :)

A

Anonymous

Roughwear said:
You have done an excellent job here Dave. It looks as if it's been on 20+ missions already. :)

Thanks Andrew. It now matches the face that looks like it's done 12 rounds with Tyson :D

Dave

better duck

Hawkeye said:

Hey Hawkeye,
The method of wetting it with hot water all over the outside of the jacket is totally riskless. I've done it countless times now (oh well, 10 times at least) and none of the jackets got the worse for wear, as a figure of speech. They win in character, loose nothing else.
With some jackets I have done it a couple of times, as these were a bit more resistant to the process.

It is amazing how heavy the jacket gets, when the water has soaked into the leather. Wet it and wear it as long as you can (or the missus allows, whichever is first) :cool: .
Take into account that the jacket will feel very warm the first couple of minutes, but then quickly will feel cold - and make you cold, if you don't layer underneath of keep moving.
Men, we should write a manual for this crazy hobby of ours ! ;) :)

Persimmon

Peter,
I keep considering the wet treatment and then I think I spent on the jacket in the first place and stop myself !!!
Your reassurance is good to hear.
How do you keep the knits dry or maybe you don't.
If you do . How??
Oh and if a Eastman A2 has already had a Time Worn finish added would then it not work,make it better, do nothing ???

Alan