• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Eastman Publicity Material

m444uk

Had a rummage and found these leaflets that Eastman sent me circa 1989.
The quality of their advertising has always been good !

Untitled-1-1.jpg

untitled-2-2.jpg

Untitled-3-1.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

havocpaul

I sold a set of these last year on eBay, good price too! They came in a folder along with a nice sheet of leather/sheepskin samples.

m444uk

atkins said:
Where's the A-2 ?

OK OK.... I'm not really a fan of the A2, it makes some people look like a bag of spuds....
Looks good on the guy on the left though.Not sure about his boyfriend :shock:

Untitled-6-1.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Andrew

Thanks for these, in a strange way they are better than a lot of stuff you see today, but can't say much for the ad for the new "Wham" album at the top.

m444uk

1997 Roughwear catalogue. The early leather jackets are somewhat different to later production.

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

m444uk

havocpaul said:
I sold a set of these last year on eBay, good price too! They came in a folder along with a nice sheet of leather/sheepskin samples.

Yes, I've got those too.

McCoy also sent me a swatch card at around the same date.

Burnsie

m444uk said:
OK OK.... I'm not really a fan of the A2, it makes some people look like a bag of spuds....
Looks good on the guy on the left though.Not sure about his boyfriend :shock:

Bag of spuds or overstuffed sausages, I know, but I love my A-2's! And watch what you say about these fellows - they look sensitive...

Robman

One thing I noticed is that at least the models wear them somewhat authentically, or should I say that the fit looks more authentic in my mind. Sometimes I think many order repros too small thinking it looks authentic when in reality the resulting fit is too snug to look authentic. The vast majority of photos from the period show a comfortable drape and many times with the pics of very snug A2s if one looks closely the wearer has it on over a flightsuit which is over a shirt and tie.

CBI

One comment about the "correct sizes" they are wearing is that ELC tents to cut the upper chest areas a little broader than the real period square cut. This is one of the modern trade offs they make - looks pretty cool though.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Does any one know when they actual first formed the business ... ?

Established in 1984, Eastman flight jackets have found their way to every corner of the globe ...

better duck

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
Does any one know when they actual first formed the business ... ?

Established in 1984, Eastman flight jackets have found their way to every corner of the globe ...

He's always on the ball, our Deeb, isn't he - and quick too! :D

BTW: I have all the presented stuff too, stuffed in a folder in my desk. Crazy how even older repro stuff develops a worth of its own!

Falcon_52

It seems to me that Eastman's A-2 range of jackets and A-1 jacket have gotten better over time whereas their sheepskin jackets have sort of taken a turn for the worse recently.

By the way, in the picture of the two gents wearing the A-2s the man on the left looks a lot like Christian Horner who is the current Team Principal for Red Bull Racing F-1. Maybe he did some modelling in the good old days!

Noel