• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Aero A-2 ?

s4rmark

I picked up this jacket recently from eBay and after some research on the contract number it appears to be an early (1980’s) Aero leather repro. My question is can anyone confirm this?
CE9A8DD5-0895-4C2A-9703-9B241B1808AD.jpeg
753414FF-CBE6-4CD1-8C02-41C8541E029E.jpeg

Silver Surfer

I seem to remember that back in the day aero [scotland] used only 1401p as its designated contract number. I have see a couple of variations of the label on different [years?] aero a-2s. im sure that ken would be able to pin point the date of manufacture.

s4rmark

Thanks Ken for the confirming that. What type of zipper was used on these early jackets? The reason I ask is that the zipper slider is a cheap replacement , however the actual zipper teeth look like Brass or something similar.

robrinay

Thanks Ken for the confirming that. What type of zipper was used on these early jackets? The reason I ask is that the zipper slider is a cheap replacement , however the actual zipper teeth look like Brass or something similar.
I’ve got an early Patrolmans jacket and from memory (I can’t check till Thursday) it’s got an eclair slider. If mines not an eclair it’s definitely a French name.

denny@aero

Original Puller would have been a brass Talon like below.

Send me your address and i will pop one in the post. - [email protected]

Attachments

• 20210317_162649.jpg
    20210317_162649.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 142

Ken at Aero Leather

Whatever we had to hand :) Send me a pic of the slider, it's possible that it's one on as track that we weren't able to change the puller on
At that time we had a big stock of vintage pullers taken off bust zips from The THrift Shop days
I'd have thoiught we'd have swapped any iffy looking pullers if we could