• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diamond Clothing Co. Rough Wear 27752 A-2 size 46 SALE

stanier

I wonder if this might mean the chrome tanned Aero contract is back on the agenda... I really liked the idea of one of those! But apart from two words in a FB message I completely failed to make contact sadly....

B-Man2

Test jacket

Left the start a bit late. I think FiveStar is making giant inroads into the market and three FiveStar jackets might suit many. With the horsehide around the corner things will go through the roof.
I agree with you for sure.....Its the nature of a competitive free market and the consumer is the benefactor in terms of reduced prices and increasingly better products.
Its playing out right here on VLJ.

foster

By “test jacket” I’m guessing this is a first jacket of a new contract DD has not previously done? RW jackets have collar stands, and I remember about 4 or 5 years ago when DD only made contracts which lacked the collar stand.

ausreenactor

You like the jacket or you don’t, it’s all good. Shawn seems like a real nice fellow, his product’s worthy to be in this thread? C’mon.
Replying to Burt's comment about a DD come back. If DD engaged with the forum back when potential customers were eager for any information there was nothing.

Shawn filled the void with some rapid outputs and constant improvements...

If you're talking about peers then Shawn as a retailer/manufacturer is ahead of many, who charge considerably more for their products. Don't even own a FiveStar myself... but I do have a DD Bronco. So no real bias...

B-Man2

It’s no secret that there are two groups of people with differing opinions here. You’ve got some who think that 5 Star is doing well and has progressed rapidly on the military jacket reproduction scene and another group who absolutely are not and will not ever be a fan of 5 Star jackets. Whatever group you (collectively speaking) happen to be in , it’s all good , because VLJ is basically an opinion generated forum . 5 Star jackets aren’t at the level of ELC , Aero or Good Wear but as I’ve said in the past, if someone wants to compare the quality and detail of 5 Stars current A2s with those companies, lets be fair about it and compare them to a 1st or 2nd year ELC , Aero or Good Wear jackets . That in my opinion ( remember we’re an opinion forum) would be a fairer and more reasonable comparison . Lastly let’s not forget that military jackets are not the end all and be all . 5 Star makes civilian jackets that we hardly ever look at or think about . The more I read about 5 Star in TFL and here, I see more and more happy campers with their new purchases from 5 Star . I also read about a few not so happy campers with their new 5 Star jackets . But whatever group your in, let’s all sit back and see where this whole thing goes . Just my thoughts , please feel free to express yours .

Last edited:

bseal

When Couchy is actually wearing a 5*, he will be anointed the chosen one and the prophecy will be fulfilled.

But until then, as Pooh aptly says, “Tiggah, please.”

A0CA65D1-F6D1-4E92-AD3C-DF655A33B3C0.gif