• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Der Fuehrer's Face

A

Anonymous

That was a different jacket I think sold by Roughwear. That is a cool insignia from Disney. I played around with a large patch, and ended up with this.
DSCN2895-1.jpg
DSCN2898-1.jpg
DSCN2897-1.jpg

dmar836

I do think it was similar in that it was a half belt or at least a civilian jacket.
I seriously doubt this is a very old paint job.
Dave

Roughwear

This is one of several recent attempts by someone in Thailand to copy the original 1940s art work on the jacket which Marcel owns.

dujardin

hellooooooooo

i saw this one this morning too; presented also on a french forum with the same remark.
soooooooo what about mine
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

;)

I pegged the jacket Marcel now owns as a fake painted in Thailand long before it's sisters started appearing on eBay.
It's unfortunate.

Roughwear

Miles_Archer said:
I pegged the jacket Marcel now owns as a fake painted in Thailand long before it's sisters started appearing on eBay.
It's unfortunate.

and your evidence for this claim being?

Roughwear said:
Miles_Archer said:
It's unfortunate.

Already presented on numerous occasions. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Roughwear

Miles_Archer said:
Roughwear said:
Miles_Archer said:
It's unfortunate.

Already presented on numerous occasions. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

I'm still waiting for your evidence it was painted in Thailand. Here is the previous occasion the jacket was discussed here and Thailand is not mentioned.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8196

Grant

I agree, the jacket looks like it's a late 50's design with elastic waist and later Conmar zip. Could be anyone's guess when it was painted.

"I'm still waiting for your evidence it was painted in Thailand. Here is the previous occasion the jacket was discussed here and Thailand is not mentioned."

As you well know, the discussion was on the FL. It's a fake from top to bottom. Deal with it.

Roughwear

Miles_Archer said:
"I'm still waiting for your evidence it was painted in Thailand. Here is the previous occasion the jacket was discussed here and Thailand is not mentioned."

As you well know, the discussion was on the FL. It's a fake from top to bottom. Deal with it.

So now you are saying the jacket is a fake! The discusssion on the FL was not conclusive either way regarding its age. The question I asked you was your evidence that it was painted in Thailand and am still waiting....