• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Denim jacket, any suggestions ?

JonnyCrow

FaceApp_1691323750872.jpg

JonnyCrow

I haven't been into denim since I was a young teen but I do remember a small company out of Arizona made some fantastic "Wild West" denim pants and jackets.
I was more a HBT high waisted "brakeman" pants (has a adjustable buckle on the back and reinforced legs to just below the knee)
The only thing I kept was a engineers coat that definitely had a steampunk vibe to it.....I'll root around the house and see if I still have it
Love high waisted pants, when I was in Arizona 2004 for 6 weeks wore high rides a lot for riding, buckle back, reinforced inner leg and seat, like cavalry pants only cotton canvas and not Kersey blue wool

Grant

One of my favorite denim jackets that still pops up now and then at vintage shops and online is the 1970's era Lee Stormrider. The left hand twill denim was still quite nice, faded beautifully and are still rather affordable compared to 60's or earlier. Unlike the Japanese repros, these were made by Union workers in the United States.

L1.jpg
L5.jpg
L2.jpg
L6.jpg

Last edited:

Spitfireace

Love the concept, but they ruined the design by adding side entry pockets. Lee did the same thing adding them in the 1980's. Just my opinion!
I think it was the early seventies when Levi's started the hand warmer pockets. I appreciate the purist thing, but it is nice to have hand warmer pockets. In a fleece lined jacket. In the lighter jacket I wouldn't be so fussy about it.

mulceber

Love the concept, but they ruined the design by adding side entry pockets. Lee did the same thing adding them in the 1980's. Just my opinion!
And honestly, at that price, given that it's a small business, I imagine you could contact Ginew directly and see about having the jacket made without hand warmer pockets.

Spitfireace

Again the purist thing. If it bothers you. In the heavy jacket I think the pockets are a definite plus. If it is made by Levis' in either San Francisco or Texas it's the real deal.