• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cyclist Jacket - Hartmann Jacket (very small size)

JonChristian

Thx a lot.
Doing good and well, hope the same for ( all of ) you.

Hi there, I’m quite fond of your Hartmann cyclist jacket and was wondering if you might could give me the information that I might contact and have one made as well? I would very much appreciate it. Best regards!

I bought this exact jacket a couple of years ago as it's my size. I've worn it a couple times since and you can see some photos of me in it, on my instagram @dereklee.hl
I had to replace the side adjusters as the tied knots straps have dried out and hardened. Also had to reinforce certain points on the waistband.
I'm currently making a copy of this exact jacket in the same size (and even shorter -1/2" for the body and sleeves) as the original is quite fragile too, the leather is much thinner than it looks. My new copy is using a slightly thicker leather cut from panels of a 1950s german leather trenchcoat. Should last much longer with a modern (but vintage looking) zip and nylon thread for the inner stitching. Top stitches are still cotton for an authentic look.

Dany McDonald

I bought this exact jacket a couple of years ago as it's my size. I've worn it a couple times since and you can see some photos of me in it, on my instagram @dereklee.hl
I had to replace the side adjusters as the tied knots straps have dried out and hardened. Also had to reinforce certain points on the waistband.
I'm currently making a copy of this exact jacket in the same size (and even shorter -1/2" for the body and sleeves) as the original is quite fragile too, the leather is much thinner than it looks. My new copy is using a slightly thicker leather cut from panels of a 1950s german leather trenchcoat. Should last much longer with a modern (but vintage looking) zip and nylon thread for the inner stitching. Top stitches are still cotton for an authentic look.

Hello rogue,

Don't just stand there and post a fit image here....;)

D

Last edited:

Kermit3D

hello roguebrusselssprout and welcome !

The cyclist jacket you have (the one described in the initial topic of this thread) is absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad it went to an enthusiast, it fits you perfectly. I admit I regretted not buying it, especially as the price was low. But I wouldn't have been able to wear it... so it's good you did.

I checked out your Instagram, you've got some gorgeous jackets. Feel free to post pictures of your cyclist jackets here.

Last edited:

bgrant570

Wow! I checked out your instagram as well. The jacket looks fantastic on you! Hope your copy of it turns out well. It certainly looks like it is.

Here’s a pic of me wearing the original from this board last summer, and a reproduction I’m working on copying of in a slightly thicker leather. Nearly finished on it, and I’ll be in France later in the week so no better place to give it it’s first wear! My reproduction’s cut from leather panels scrapped from a 1950’s German trench coat.
Derek

Attachments

• 12C449AF-F166-44CA-9D58-81B11520A5A7.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 42
  • FDDF4773-E62D-4C00-8611-80F88D19F646.jpeg
    7.8 MB · Views: 34