• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cyclist Jacket - Hartmann Jacket (very small size)

Kermit3D

An absolutely beautiful jacket.
Too bad it's so small...
I don't think anyone will be interested but I'm posting some pictures just because it's a gorgeous jacket.

ebayA01.jpg

ebayA09.jpg

ebayA10.jpg

ebayA02.jpg

ebayA03.jpg

Kermit3D

I received an offer for this jacket at GBP 550.00 without even contacting the seller (the seller must have seen that I put the jacket in my items to follow).
If anyone is interested, you can offer GBP 550.00 (which is a great price for a great jacket). ;)

Oliver

I agree with pi!ot, the liner is correct and the jacket is fine. I never saw a jacket like this in a big size like i need (1,96cm brest 112cm) i hafe buying my original jacket from the same dealer in gb. Oli

Kermit3D

I agree with pi!ot, the liner is correct and the jacket is fine. I never saw a jacket like this in a big size like i need (1,96cm brest 112cm) i hafe buying my original jacket from the same dealer in gb. Oli

I have the same problem as you... (I'm a bit less tall : 189 cm, chest 102 cm).

Pilot sold me a wonderful cyclist jacket reproduction in my size. But original jackets in large size (and in good condition) are very rare.
I'm not actively looking for one (I've blown my jacket budget the last few months (I have a jacket budget ?? :rolleyes::D)). But if I find a really nice original cyclist jacket in my size... I might be interested. I know how rare it is.

Pilot

We have a few pre-1945 originals, which were used for patterning.
All in sizes 38“-40“-44“ chest. Price range 1200-1600 Euro.
6892DC76-2334-4D4C-B4B7-FE9B669E10B9.jpeg
E5DAA2F3-C6A9-433E-85F0-9F4768BF0257.jpeg

Last edited:

Pilot

Hi Pilot, how are you ? We rarely see you on the forum these days.
It's great to see these old pictures, thanks for sharing.
I also found the colors of the liner strange... but it's still a very nice jacket with incredible leather. ;)
Thx a lot.
Doing good and well, hope the same for ( all of ) you.

Kermit3D

We have a few pre-1945 originals, which were used for patterning.
All in sizes 38“-40“-44“ chest. Price range 1200-1600 Euro.View attachment 59674View attachment 59675

One day Pilot... one day...;)
I know you have some great original jackets and I will most likely end up buying one from you. Thanks for the pictures it's awesome to look at.
I just gave my money to John Chapman for a B-6... but I hope when I'm ready you'll still have some nice original jackets for sale.

Pilot

One day Pilot... one day...;)
I know you have some great original jackets and I will most likely end up buying one from you. Thanks for the pictures it's awesome to look at.
I just gave my money to John Chapman for a B-6... but I hope when I'm ready you'll still have some nice original jackets for sale.
Thx! You have taste! JC !..best choice.
Anytime welcome...just pm !
Stay safe and healthy ( all ).

Kermit3D

Thx a lot.
Doing good and well, hope the same for ( all of ) you.

Thx! You have taste! JC !..best choice.
Anytime welcome...just pm !
Stay safe and healthy ( all ).

I'm also fine thank you. :)
I communicated by email with JC, it is really a good person, passionate ! a real pleasure.
No doubt he will make me a superb B-6.

Last edited:

Enigma1938

...But original jackets in large size (and in good condition) are very rare.
I'm not actively looking for one (I've blown my jacket budget the last few months (I have a jacket budget ?? :rolleyes::D)). But if I find a really nice original cyclist jacket in my size... I might be interested. I know how rare it is.

Not that rare here on some german market places but waaaay to expensive. Currently I know 2 or 3 dealers with big cyclist's but the range varies between 2500 and 4000 €. They seem to think that big sizes justify that amount of money but not for me....

Kermit3D

These are abusive prices.
Especially since many of these jackets are modified to look like they were worn by German pilots, and sellers do not hesitate to add 1000 euros (or more) because there are holes on the chest and shoulders.

Personally I am not looking for a jacket worn by a German pilot. I prefer a jacket without holes.