• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Customs question again

A

Anonymous

Anyone knows if there will be any customs for jacket shipped from Australia to UK?
Has UK any special trade agreement with Australia that would allow no customs to be paid?
Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Platon

colekwok

I don't think there is any custom or VAT exemption ever between the UK and Australia.

P.S. Brits need visa to enter Australia......

ausreenactor

I shipped a Buzz Rickson Tanker to Tim in the UK recently. Not sure if it attracted any VAT or Duties? TimP could confirm. I had declared it as a lower valued item though? Not sure if that made a difference. Same for a Buzz Rickson B-15C I sold on eBay. Put AU$95 on it.. Buyer did not indicate anything, or was happy to pay it?

We are proudly part of the Commonwealth down here though!!

Couchy

colekwok

Well, unfortunately the rest of the Commonwealth countries are doing much better than the ageing British Empire. Scotland will have their Referendum next year, there is a good chance that those jacket makers up north will start charging Euros as soon as 2014!!?!

For those (in the UK) who are purchasing expensive items from non-European countries beware. I believe our government is so desperate for money that they start screening all parcels and items for custom and VAT. I had been 'caught' twice in the last couple of months already. The bloody irony (sorry for my language) is, the VAT for my items were less than £10 (20% of VAT) and yet the stupid handling charges were a whooping £13.5! And HM Revenues & Customs (more like David Cameron's money scooping dept now) now have an advance barcoded online paying system for 'fast tracking' the handling...... Which means, Royal Mail / UK Custom are placing a lot more resources in stopping foreign imports. I do not know when they will start checking everything at all the airport(ferries/trains etc) border controls, which is always a possibility.

Saying that, I do not mind paying reasonable amount of tax for import items, but for cheaper or used items, this is just becoming a nuisance .

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-informa ... ns/customs