• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current original collection- guess who...

Andrew

Any guesses as to the makers? Can't give any more clues as it'll be too easy for you.

IMG_2718-1.jpg

Andrew

bseal said:
USA, UK and Austrailan craftsmen.

Correct, you saw right through me :cool: .

From left John Chapman, Doris Dunlop, and others unknown.... In the mix are two Perry's, two RW 27752's, a V505, a Wareings and probably another IAC with zipper also installed by Doris.

flyboy

Amazing line up! You've got some mighty nice jackets there. What a shame you live in such a warm country ;)

Dr H

This is how we all appear to a man of Andrew's stature...interesting perspective... :shock:

Andrew

We'll all have to read Andrew's book to find out about Miss Dunlop- well when's it going to be Mr Irvin :p ?

The photo is straight from the iphone held a little above my head, not a bad result actually n'est-ce pas?

I've got a self imposed limit which is influenced by appropriate storage space, budget, personal sanity and happy wife, and I have a new GW in the tube so one Irvin and one A-2 need to go.... plus another GW and RMNZ. just when I don't know....

John Lever

I find it strange that my mobile takes better pics than my little Nikon. Phones seem to have a better white balance somehow.

flyboy

@ John: Guess thats why you can buy aps like Hipstamatic, Instamatic and what else - to make mobile pictures look old, color-weird and 50's-ish. ;)

ausreenactor

An awewsome shot from a phone? Kudos....maybe the jackets bought out the best in the camera?

Impressive collection.

Couchy

Andrew

The real reason for this thread was to sneak in one of John's early jackets to see if anyone was sleeping :D . This week it's 4 years old as I took delivery of it in the first week of July 08 (just before the GFC started to bite here).

So I thought it would be interesting to compare it now with how it looked then. Like your kids you just can't imagine how they ever looked like that.

As it was when John shipped it.

GWDubow1.jpg

The comp pics show it a couple of days into wearing it and as it is today. I wear it almost daily from May to Early August so it's got 3.5 seasons on it. Looks like a jacket that's been through a War? Well I thought it was good enough to add to the originals pile. I've also been lucky to have some special Mates sign it and after my new GW arrives this one will probably end up sporting a patch that Ties made me 2 years ago. I've already replaced the Crown zip with a Mash Talon.

One jacket i'll never sell and hopefully my kids will love it too...

You can already see the long term creases starting after a couple of days.
GWDubow2-1.jpg

GWDubow5.jpg

GWDubow3.jpg

The top coat fell off those ingrained creases almost straight away.
GWDubow2.jpg

GWDubow6.jpg

GWDubow4.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg