• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curly fleece

Visited RMNZ HQ Wed/Thurs this week.
I was having a look at some of the hides and fleeces, and saw a stack of choclate brown finished fleeces, had a look at the stack of skins and found there were 4 large skins, TOTAL. Nobody knew their origin, so I pulled and tugged to if they were sound, and they were.......
photo.jpg

the fleece is very curly and still has plenty of lanoline in it.

I'll have it trimmed to 10mm to be made into a RW D-1, with a large patch pocket added to the front right panel.

RWD-1ANTIQUEREDBROWNNONPOCKET.jpg

The fleece is really different, I can see where Johnny Lever is coming from, I wasn't really looking for another shearling jacket, though the multi panel D-1 has always appealed, so I couldn't let the opportunity pass by.

Bevan.

Falcon_52

Now that's the stuff! That sheepskin looks perfect. You will let us know how your D-1 turns out, won't you Bevan?

Noel

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Look very interesting is it expensive ?

It's from The Few, John ... that should answer your question. I thought you'd be more concerned about the skins having their curls trimmed down to D-1 thickness.

John Lever

It seems a shame to shear it xown to 6mm, I think you might lose the curls.A B3 might be better. The skins must be big as it takes 40 ft to make a jacket

John Lever said:
It seems a shame to shear it xown to 6mm, I think you might lose the curls.A B3 might be better. The skins must be big as it takes 40 ft to make a jacket

You're right, they are big skins. I have no need for a B-3, and don't like them anyway.

They'll be trimmed to 10 mm as I said.

Bevan.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Is that what you wear on a night out ?

Damn, no quote ... I guess he's talking to the sheep.

John, the D-1 is the perfect choice for Bevan. He can throw it on in the morning, and wear it as he bounces along in the truck on the way to work. Auckland's climate is too mild for anything heavier.

When you finally move to NZ, choose Christchurch to be near The Real McCoy's, and for the climate. Otherwise, with your wardrobe, somewhere like South Dunedin would be ideal.

a_snow_covered_south_dunedin_1448175913.jpg