• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contacting Eastman

Can any one of you on VLJ help me in figuring out how to contact Gary Eastman? He responded quickly to my emails last week on Thursday, but since then I haven't heard anything else from him and have tried calling for the past two days but the phone seems to be off the hook. I was trying to finish placing an order with him. I was under the impression that there is a retail shop at Eastman, so I assumed that calling would do the trick. Apparently not as of yet. Does anybody know the store hours, correct phone number, etc? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Roughwear

George, He usually answers his emails, although you do have to wait sometimes. Perhaps he's having a long weekend off as it was a bank holiday in the UK on Monday. Keep trying.

Andrew,

Thanks! I've sent 3 that went unanswered after the initial 2 that he did answer last week. It's good to know that Monday was a day off, so I'll just wait. I've never corresponded with him before so I don't have a sense of his communication habits.

George

Rutger

Apart from the bank holliday I remember that by phone they can/could only be contacted tuesday/wednesday and thursday.
It is/used to be mentioned so on their web site somewhere.
Used to be that way I think when I was buying with them about a year ago (or was that two years ago).
I remember distinctly as sometimes you had to be patient for 4 days to determine something.
Had something to do with time management.
As it seems to me they got more staff now (used to talk to one of both Eastmans, last spring someone else got into the communications as well) they may have freed up extra time to be able to respond daily to customers.

Calling works better than email in my experience, though emailing has changed for the better the past year.

nogbat

also if phoneing , ask for rob , hes very helpful and my expirience he pretty well runs the sales ..

havocpaul

Yes, bank holiday (public holiday) here in UK so I wouldn't expect him or any staff to be there at all over the weekend and Monday. They don't have a retail shop and think it is still Tuesday and Thursday when they can answer the phones best.

John Lever

Rob has been unwell recently and Gary's father only works part-time, so the phone may not be answered as usual. As mentioned, Monday was a public holiday.

Thank you gentlemen for all your helpful advice! I was pleasantly surprised that Gary was able to respond to my emails this morning. He addressed it to both me and Rob (I guess in order to fulfill the order). He mentioned that the phones were being investigated since they were not working properly. I'll attempt to call again tomorrow so hopefully the phones will be working once again.

George

Oh, yes....I'm heading out to London for the first week of Wimbledon with my family this year. I am certainly looking forward to that. Given your weather, I might have to bring a jacket or two, as you can imagine, that's real bonus for me. Last three days in South Florida have been 90/90 as they say. Takes only a minute or two to melt into the sidewalk. Tennis has been withering to say the least!

We had brought all sorts of rain gear to Scotland last year about the same time and it rained all of 5 minutes in 7 days! I heard that's a little unusual though!