• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

contact Eastman Leather ?

ace1967

I am trying to get in touch with Eastman leather, through their regular e-mail adres but no response as of yet.
Would anybody of you gents know , if they are closed for the moment ?
The thing is , i ordered a B2 cap on the 20th of last month. what followed was an auto-reply
from the credit card comp, and the day after an lightning quik withdrawl from my card.
I'm aware that we have the festive season just behind us, but the order was placed well before Christmas and i believe the b2 cap is a stock item ?
thanks,
Hans

havocpaul

If it was ordered on the 20th December (?) that isn't well before Christmas and the UK postal system was very slow due to adverse weather as well as the normal Christmas post delays. They should reply this week as they were probably closed throughout the holiday period....keep trying!

ace1967

I suppose you're right .
But it would have been nice , if they just would have told me that they were busy and that the cap would take a bit longer to get over here. I can live with that.
But now there's no comunication at all...... :?

havocpaul

They usually 'man' the phones and orders Tuesday and Thursdays, in the past their e-mail account has been full up and therefore they cannot access it, just a case of keep trying but I would still bet it's somewhere in the post backlog from Christmas period, I only got an item I ordered from a company yesterday and that had been held up for over 2 weeks, none of us can control the post!

A

Anonymous

I ordered the salt water wash Deck jacket just before xmas. My money was taken on the 30th but as I know it's the Holiday period I know it might not get posted until the middle of this week. So what ? It's hardly a life or death product like a med'.

Be patient my friend, it'll come soon enough :D :D

Dave

havocpaul

I found out yesterday that Parcelforce and several other courier companies were not taking deliveries throughout last week, Xmas Eve to Jan 2nd so there's one reason for delays and now with the forecast of heavy snow (by British standards!) I'm sure we'll have no post again.

John Lever

The best thing to do is phone them. Gary gets over 200 e-mails a day and is often out of the factory.
If you speak to Rob or Allen , they will help.

asiamiles

The best thing to do is phone them. Gary gets over 200 e-mails a day and is often out of the factory.

Now I never had a problem with ELC the 2 or 3 times I bought from them, but if you're selling online via a website and getting a lot of e-mails pertaining to it, and it's too much for you to handle, then you should employ someone to do the job for you. This isn't directed purely at Gary. Heck, any number of companies (sadly, probably the vast majority) fall into the same boat. But you don't have a shop and if a customer comes in to ask a question tell them "Sorry, I'm too busy to help you," or simply ignore them like they weren't there. It's a case of professionalism, simple good manners, good customer service, respect, and maintaining the good name of your company...dissatisfied buyers tend not to return and may pass on their experiences; happy buyers not only do so but spread the word. If you're running a business, then run it properly, otherwise, don't do it at all. Good customer service is at least as important as something like getting the right make of zipper slider

A

Anonymous

Whilst I agree with you Miles, I think that most people would allow a company the right to a week off work between Christmas and New Year surely ?

All the rest of the year they are there and work overtime - particularly with the pound being so weak of late. And I've never had a problem any other time of the year if I telephone them and I've bought WAY too many jackets, hats and gloves from them over the years.

It doesn't matter if the company is large or small, people need time off. Perhaps the suggestion would be better aimed at JC who is in need of a phone service as he's a one man band ;) When he's answering the tons of e-mails and taking 'phone calls he's not jacket making. (This is NOT a slight on John !!!) - at least at ELC when you talk to someone it doesn't delay their output

Dave

havocpaul

I agree with you Dave, unfortunately a growing trend (fuelled by the media here especially) is to expect retailers and companies to never close, I spent many years working in retail and am so glad I got out as I do feel sorry for shop workers in particular, it won't be long before they are expected (or forced) to work Xmas day too. As for companies like ELC etc. they are allowed some time off, sometimes I think we assume as it's our passion then it's not actually work for them either. I notice Aero close for 2 full weeks over the holidays (reopen 7th January), maybe Eastman should have put a note on their site. It's easy to say take on extra staff but that costs and in the current climate not the best option for a small business, sure they might have had more orders last year due to the Pound but everything cost more: materials, fuel/heat/light, postal services etc. I personally would not have expected to receive items if I had ordered over this period but if worried I would try and telephone them, with Eastman especially you will always get helpful, friendly advice. I think we sometimes need to remember the likes of ELC, Aero and GW are bespoke tailors, we demand near perfection and that takes time, otherwise I am sure the local mall will have an Avirex, Alpha or the like to buy immediately!

asiamiles

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Whilst I agree with you Miles, I think that most people would allow a company the right to a week off work between Christmas and New Year surely ?

Absolutely. But then put it on the website and if possible also have an automated reply stating "We are closed from such and such a date to such and such a date and regretably are unable to answer enquiries during this period." Is it too much to ask?

A

Anonymous

asiamiles said:
JACKET_ HEAD said:

Absolutely. But then put it on the website and if possible also have an automated reply stating "We are closed from such and such a date to such and such a date and regretably are unable to answer enquiries during this period." Is it too much to ask?

Nope, it shouldn't be too much to ask.

Dave

ace1967

Got my cap in this morning. Poststamp told me it was shipped on the 23th of last month.
I guess it was out of their hands after that........... :oops:

move on people , nothing to see here.......... :D

havocpaul

Good news, as I expected. UK seems to have shut down again thanks to some snow and ice so already no postmen here in Kent!

A

Anonymous

Still waiting on my salt water wash Deck Jacket ........ NOT a problem :D

glad the cap arrived though. Enjoy it !!

Dave