• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coat hangers

saucerfiend

I was wondering if these would work as an alternative?:

Much cheaper than the Black & Gray and it's cedar, but non-adjustable and slightly smaller in dimensions. Not sure how much a cedar hanger actually repels moths though. I've got a WWII US Army Wool Overcoat from 1944 that I'm trying to protect.
This cedar hanger seems like the right choice for your wool overcoat. I personally have wide and broad hard plastic hangers I purchased on line 8 or 9 years ago. Perfect for my GW A-2's. This Black & Gray is for my GW B-1 with a bit wider shoulders. If it works out I'll order another for my LW's B-2.

Kennyz

I was wondering if these would work as an alternative?:

Much cheaper than the Black & Gray and it's cedar, but non-adjustable and slightly smaller in dimensions. Not sure how much a cedar hanger actually repels moths though. I've got a WWII US Army Wool Overcoat from 1944 that I'm trying to protect.
@mlong0519 - I have one of those cedar hangers from the container store, and feel they are really excellent for jackets/coats.

For moth protection though, I'd put your overcoat in a garment bag for protection. Here's a link to the garment bags I use. They come in different lengths, this one should work for your overcoat......