• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coat hangers

John Lever

Has anyone seen these hangers?
They look like a very good thing to own
Screenshot_20240302_102505_Opera.jpg

CombatWombat

If that's yen, we're talking 46. bucks each!
That's cheaper than a cedar boot tree........and considering the eye watering amount people pay for their jackets, it would be well worth the money!
Personally I'll just leave my jackets on the spare bed or the mannequins, since mine are more robust and generally "newer" compared with the other esteemed collectors in here

Silver Surfer

the way they are constructed, I wonder if the outer parts that are notched, are moveable to accommodate different sized jackets. that would make them very versatile and a possible gotta get for vli addicts.

saucerfiend

So, I asked about the width of the Japanese made hanger to use on my 21" shoulders of my GW B-1. Here is their reply:

Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

The shoulder width of the Ultra wide hanger is 17.71 inches.

It might be small with this hanger.

Thank you!

Kanemakijisai Trading Post

Takashi Asai

So much for that. Think I'll go with the Black & Gray that Blackboxr1200S posted as that extends to 20.8".

Last edited:

mlong0519

I was wondering if these would work as an alternative?:

Much cheaper than the Black & Gray and it's cedar, but non-adjustable and slightly smaller in dimensions. Not sure how much a cedar hanger actually repels moths though. I've got a WWII US Army Wool Overcoat from 1944 that I'm trying to protect.