• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Irvin

Roughwear

Thanks for posting this John. It is interesting that some four panel Irvins were still being made in 1944 at the same time as the typical multi-panel jackets were also in production.

Andrew

Interesting jacket to own especially if you are Canadian.

I've never seen a jacket or photo of one that has had anything particular like this added, though most of the painted Irvins seem to be Canadian- it's commonly presumed purely Canadian Squadrons allowed it to occur (Canadians in the RAF couldn't do it). The artwork looks original in style however it is rather even in appearance, but i'm inclined to believe it's real.

Andrew

Well curiosity got the better of me and it went pretty cheaply for a large jacket with label and original zips.

I'm hoping it's all it promised to be- the seller bought it from an Estate many years ago and believes it to be all original. Part of me would like to see this stay in Canada however...

I'll post some other shots when it arrives.

TankBuster

Nice pickup Andrew! I was thinking about that one myself, but
never made a move. Glad you got it, and that I didn't drive up
the price on you ;)

Jason

Great pickup there, and with the exchange rate being pretty close to 1 for 1 now for the AUD, that should make you feel less guilty ;)

Just make sure the fellow posts it trackable airmail, not surface viz. my other problems with Canada Post...