• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cable goatskin A2 and ELC A-1

Dr H

This is one of the nicest A-1s that I've seen in this size.
I hope that Alan doesn't feel under pressure to sell it as it's one that he's sold and bought back before - hard to replace.

Roughwear

I agree. It's a real beauty. It fits him really well and would be very hard to up-grade. I hope he's not getting out of collecting jackets.

stevetfire

Interestingly Ashley (Spurs) has just informed me that an Email from Gary Eastman informs him that he has'nt enough cape left for one jacket and is finding it very hard to source :? ......so it would seem A1's from Eastman may be rather scarce for the time bieng..( just when I was after a 44 :lol: :lol: )
I Agree Gents two great looking jackets from Alan

Dr H

stevetfire said:
Interestingly Ashley (Spurs) has just informed me that an Email from Gary Eastman informs him that he has'nt enough cape left for one jacket and is finding it very hard to source :? ......so it would seem A1's from Eastman may be rather scarce for the time bieng..( just when I was after a 44 :lol: :lol: )

Aha, my 44 ELC A-1 just went up in value substantially... ;)

Could be a problem - the cape that ELC is using is the best of the currently available crop in my opinion (having seen several of the competitors' hides).

stevetfire

Dr H said:
stevetfire said:

Could be a problem - the cape that ELC is using is the best of the currently available crop in my opinion (having seen several of the competitors' hides).
..Aha you could be right about your 44 Ian.. :lol: .......my 46 elc A1 I sold to kev was a beaut.but sadly to big for me to keep :? ,.......It also follows on from John lever telling us that the seal sheepskin used on the perry b3(and I guess others) has also become unavailable,

John Lever

Hmm..
There are several new developments coming from ELC, perhaps some of the specs. and materials are being up graded.

stevetfire

John Lever said:
Hmm..
There are several new developments coming from ELC, perhaps some of the specs. and materials are being up graded.
yes and I guess that's the nature of the buisness really ,materials become unavailable and new ones have to be sought in the pursuit of the great jackets that they are

KevG

stevetfire said:
Dr H said:
stevetfire said:

..Aha you could be right about your 44 Ian.. :lol: .......my 46 elc A1 I sold to kev was a beaut.but sadly to big for me to keep :? ,.......It also follows on from John lever telling us that the seal sheepskin used on the perry b3(and I guess others) has also become unavailable,
:D :oops:

johnwayne

Have seen Alan's A1 in the flesh so to speak and can vouch for it's beauty so very surprised to see him let it go - note he's added a name tag over the left pocket, not sure if it just laid there or now stiched on? Maybe he's selling to rasie funds for his other passion - Alfa Romeo's!! C'mon Alan where are you? Explain yourself! Whatever, hope all is OK and pity I'm not his size as I'd happily have that.

Cheers
Wayne

Dr H

I think the name tag has been stitched.
If I were a 38/40 I'd certainly have it.

Dr H

Come on John, read the post 'if I were a 38/40...' ;)
As it is, I'm a more portly 44... :(

Falcon_52

John Lever said:
Hmm..

Hopefully, they aren't going back to steerhide for their A-1s. That would be a shame.

Noel

John Lever

I don't Gary would do that. It could be that as the Chinese are buying up all the sheepskin the Capeskin is being consumed as well.
Will told me that the cost of materials for a B-3 is now close to £500. It's double the cost of HH.

Persimmon

johnwayne said:
Have seen Alan's A1 in the flesh so to speak and can vouch for it's beauty so very surprised to see him let it go - note he's added a name tag over the left pocket, not sure if it just laid there or now stiched on? Maybe he's selling to rasie funds for his other passion - Alfa Romeo's!! C'mon Alan where are you? Explain yourself! Whatever, hope all is OK and pity I'm not his size as I'd happily have that.

Cheers
Wayne

Gents,
As Wayne rightly guessed I needed some money for my other passion.

I had the option to add another Alfa to my garage and could not resist.
( After robbing my bank !!!! I was just under a thousand out in readies and hence the quick sale)

As it turns out I managed to sell the Cable and some electrical Hi Fi trinckets to give me the missing funds so I have saved the A1 ...for now !!!

And as for the car
Its a Alfa Montreal from the 1970's and of course in red

I took these after parking up in York

photoR-1.jpg

photoM-1.jpg

So no A2 at the moment but who knows
And yes to many here it may just be a red car but I love it

Dr H

Alan
You lucky beggar! :mrgreen:
When you're next down the M3, I must have a ride in that!
Now if I could just swing enough ready cash to buy myself a Guilia TZ2...
Enjoy!