• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson updated

omarco

I agree, it would be good to see more of the Buzz cloth jackets, the B10 and B15 variants in particular.

Andrew

The poor bugger needs a feed and he appears damaged to me. This is what came to mind. The obvious similarity is hard to ignore. Not sure what their marketing strategy is here.

tumblr_m6n5wtb3YC1rwsgneo1_1280.jpg

Also intriguing that many of the sizes on this newly launched site are out of stock

mindful

they dont sell any a2 leathers on the buzz website because it would take sales away from there Eastman leather website, ive enquired on a few buzz rickson a2 jackets before and they have never followed up on any enquiries.

John Lever

mindful said:
they dont sell any a2 leathers on the buzz website because it would take sales away from there Eastman leather website, ive enquired on a few buzz rickson a2 jackets before and they have never followed up on any enquiries.
Gary once told me that any BR product can be obtained to order.

stanier

Personally, I think the new website devalues the Buzz brand, and just steers toward fashion, IMHO. They reproduce vintage military clothing and yet have a model who looks anything but vintage military and just don't reflect the heritage of BR, just selling out. A big dissapointment I think and I only hope the ELC site doesn't go the same way.

mindful

John Lever said:
mindful said:
Gary once told me that any BR product can be obtained to order.
Yeah I know you can order but when I was asking they never got back to me with any info

ausreenactor

Guys, head to Japan for anything BR. The Yen has been devalued to the tune that you are getting 100 yen for the dollar. I just snaffled a good used BR D-2 Jacket for around $250. That would be a $900 jacket at HPA and more at BR Europe. If you get them cheaper it's a bargain. Missed a Real McCoy Tanker for $120!

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c379038656

BR stuff is great! Even better when you get it cheaply. HPA would be the primary contact for BR stuff outside of Japan. What they have in stock is generally cheaper.

Couchy

Jeff M

As others have noted....Rickson's range is actually sold by Eastman in the EU, but no leather jackets made by Rickson are available on the Eastman EU "Buzz Rickson" site. Only their Eastman counterparts.

You can get either an Eastman or a Buzz Rickson manufactured A2 from the US site outlet.

One thing interesting....and annoying...about Buzz Rickson. They seem to follow the "fashion house" philosophy of production, ie, they only release a limited number of items a couple of times a year.
Once sold out, you need to wait till the next "release"....which may or may not include the item you want.

This may have to do with their manufacturing set up. I may be misinformed, but I understand that their designs and materials come from Japan, with their jackets produced in China.
Or..it may have to do with promoting "exclusivity" / "limited run" mentality.

I own one of their L2 flight jackets that I like alot. Would love to get my hands on some of their other products. They always seem to be "sold out" when I contact their rep here!

asiamiles

Jeff M said:
Could very well be.
BTW if you see a Buzz item and it doesn't state where it was made then you can assume it was made in Japan, as the law states that items made elsewhere need to marked as such. Some Toyo items - such as many of their Sukajans - are made in China, and it says so on the label...even then I'm unsure if the actual embroidery is done in China or just the base jacket or both.