• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Buzz Rickson L.S.L. Garment Co. B-10

Micawber

Hello Alexander, welcome to VLJ. How about following the custom of introducing yourself in the Bio section :)

Earloffunk

Hm, don't really like the almost white mouton collar. I prefer the russte/dark brown ones. But that's just me.

Dany McDonald

Good news, they should give us a LSL with brown mouton & sage green knits too as an option, to match an original B-10...

Edit: I think the knits on the reissue above are a pale gray/brown shade, which is very nice and period correct.

Thanx for sharing!

Dany

Last edited:

Technonut2112

Edit: I think the knits on the reissue above are a pale gray/brown shade, which is very nice and period correct.

The one pictured above is an original in unworn condition (dead-stock)... Buzz did an excellent job with their repros, since the one I currently have (as well as another Buzz L.S.L. I sold) is about a dead-ringer of it...

Dany McDonald

Hello,

If the example above is a superb NOS, they should stick with the pale brown knits. The current buzz LSL comes with a dark green (Sovereign style) knits combo... Is it only me? :(

Regards,

D

Technonut2112

Hello,

If the example above is a superb NOS, they should stick with the pale brown knits. The current buzz LSL comes with a dark green (Sovereign style) knits combo... Is it only me? :(

Regards,

D
Yes, it is a superb dead-stock example of the L.S.L... Likely the one Buzz patterned from, then tucked away in the glass case. The knits on mine are a darkish green. I can see a similar green (a bit lighter) when looking at the lower right side of the waistband of the original above.. Perhaps it's the lighting making it look brownish. I see no reason why Buzz wouldn't follow the original color since they have such a prime example to repro from...

EDIT: I suppose with age, the knits may have changed color from when it was new, like I've read in other discussions on changing knit colors for various reasons.. I would like to imagine that Buzz examined them well before constructing their repro, especially since they have the dead-stock example in their possession, and did such a great job on the collar shape / pockets / pocket flap shape, general pattern, etc...

Last edited: