Buzz Rickson L.S.L. Garment Co. B-10

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by Monsoon, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Monsoon

Monsoon Active Member

I saw something on instagram that the L.S.L. Garment B-10 will be available in the winter of 2019.

2. falcon_ib

falcon_ib Well-Known Member

3. Alexander

Alexander New Member

Price??

4. Micawber

Micawber Well-Known Member

Hello Alexander, welcome to VLJ. How about following the custom of introducing yourself in the Bio section :)

5. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Well-Known Member

Hm, don't really like the almost white mouton collar. I prefer the russte/dark brown ones. But that's just me.

6. Dubpynchon

Dubpynchon Active Member

I'm just amazed by the condition of the B-10 in the picture (wipes away drool).

Monsoon likes this.
  7. Dany McDonald

Dany McDonald Active Member

Good news, they should give us a LSL with brown mouton & sage green knits too as an option, to match an original B-10...

Edit: I think the knits on the reissue above are a pale gray/brown shade, which is very nice and period correct.

Thanx for sharing!

Dany

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  8. blackrat2

blackrat2 Active Member

It’s funny cos I really like the blonde mouton as a contrast to the green

Technonut2112 likes this.
  9. Technonut2112

Technonut2112 Well-Known Member

The one pictured above is an original in unworn condition (dead-stock)... Buzz did an excellent job with their repros, since the one I currently have (as well as another Buzz L.S.L. I sold) is about a dead-ringer of it...

10. Dany McDonald

Dany McDonald Active Member

Hello,

If the example above is a superb NOS, they should stick with the pale brown knits. The current buzz LSL comes with a dark green (Sovereign style) knits combo... Is it only me? :(

Regards,

D

11. Technonut2112

Technonut2112 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a superb dead-stock example of the L.S.L... Likely the one Buzz patterned from, then tucked away in the glass case. The knits on mine are a darkish green. I can see a similar green (a bit lighter) when looking at the lower right side of the waistband of the original above.. Perhaps it's the lighting making it look brownish. I see no reason why Buzz wouldn't follow the original color since they have such a prime example to repro from...

EDIT: I suppose with age, the knits may have changed color from when it was new, like I've read in other discussions on changing knit colors for various reasons.. I would like to imagine that Buzz examined them well before constructing their repro, especially since they have the dead-stock example in their possession, and did such a great job on the collar shape / pockets / pocket flap shape, general pattern, etc...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    foster likes this.
  12. foster

foster Active Member

I wonder if they will make any without the AAF emblem on the shoulder? I'd like one without that, personally.

Dany McDonald likes this.