• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson 2009

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Thanks, Rich ... it must be a work in progress, the Sportswear, and William Gibson links are dead, Shoes still shows 2008.

Maybe they should have gone straight to 2010.

John Lever

Some of the HH on the A-2's looks very nice, shame there are no close- ups. I notice there is no A-1 this time.

veli1

deeb7 said:
Thanks, Rich ... it must be a work in progress, the Sportswear, and William Gibson links are dead, Shoes still shows 2008.

Maybe they should have gone straight to 2010.

And If I may notice there's new line of their beautiful tanker's...very,very nice.

Andrew

Some healthy prices there for those jackets, particularly the fancy ones. Hasn't Japan been in recession for years? Japanese wives must be much more forgiving!

rich

Andrew said:
Some healthy prices there for those jackets, particularly the fancy ones. Hasn't Japan been in recession for years? Japanese wives must be much more forgiving!

I know the exchange rate is bad, but from ELC an L-2A will cost you GB £399.99. Madness.

John Lever

I am starting to think Eastman have pushed their prices too high. I know the pound is weak so in real terms for the Eurozone, prices are probably the same. But look at what almost new jackets fetch second hand, nowhere near new prices, suggesting the initial cost is too high.
£470 for a B-3 is expensive.

Tokyo Jones

I noticed the pea-coat on the Rickson site was listed at just under ¥52000, which is just under $600.00. On HPA, the same coat lists for $750! Is that a reasonable markup, factoring in currency valuations, shipping, and sourcing costs?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tokyo Jones said:
... On HPA, the same coat lists for $750! Is that a reasonable markup ...

I wouldn't consider the difference between Japanese RRP, and HPA's price to be markup, but as an importer with a different set of costs, you would expect the HPA price to be usually higher.

Older stock, like the peacoat, has been bought in on a different exchange rate ... for the same reason HPA started to look expensive with their ELC range, compared with ordering direct.

Currency is the big factor ... just look for the best deal at the time.

Peter Graham

BR must be feeling the pinch. No N-2's, no B-15B's. As far as Eastmans new prices go. They have shot themselves in the foot. Only the stupid or the rich will buy BR jackets in the UK now.

rich

Peter Graham said:
BR must be feeling the pinch. No N-2's, no B-15B's. As far as Eastmans new prices go. They have shot themselves in the foot. Only the stupid or the rich will buy BR jackets in the UK now.

Yup, there are a couple more I'd have liked, but at those prices I can't see how it'll happen anytime soon.

Vcruiser

jack aranda said:
As an aside: Peter, your new avatar looks way cool!

It is amazing..isn't it! The whole new avatar looks like its smiling...a perfumed breeze surely fills the air...birds must be chirping in happy pleasant harmony...while the whole new look lights up the very esssence and image of the VLJ...!
What a transformation! Well done,Mr. Graham :!: :D
Van

Andrew

Vcruiser said:
jack aranda said:
As an aside: Peter, your new avatar looks way cool!

It is amazing..isn't it! The whole new avatar looks like its smiling...a perfumed breeze surely fills the air...birds must be chirping in happy pleasant harmony...while the whole new look lights up the very esssence and image of the VLJ...!
What a transformation! Well done,Mr. Graham :!: :D
Van

Yeah, and now who's calling who the Gillette razor model man!! :)

Good look btw!

Tim P

I am glad I have my black M42 paratrooper jacket needs met with my Ralph Lauren model and that the service shoes and Tanker boots in the Gibson section only go up to a 9.5. I will not be seriously contemplating a Buzz purchase from ELC with the (arguably necessary) price tariff on them. I cant justify the expense.
Gonna have to go second hand or just stick with what I have when quenching my Buzz thirst.

Swing

Peter Graham said:
BR must be feeling the pinch. No N-2's, no B-15B's.

World economy might have something to do with that, but they do rotate their product line from year to year and I'd expect either jacket to be back in the line up in a year or two.

~Swing