• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz B-2

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Now it's gone past the price when it would have been a good deal for someone ...

I've been watching it, $700.00 is the reserve ... the last 3 bids from the same bidder, to suss it out.

John Lever

In a way it's a tough one as these are very expensive new and even more so with the strong Yen, but it's a lot of money these days for a damaged jacket. With Toyota struggling I wonder how the likes of Buzz Ricksons will cope ?

Falcon_52

That's a shame about the sleeve zipper. Otherwise, it looks to be in execellent condition. $700 + minor repair work doesn't seem too bad to me for this jacket.

Noel

John Lever

Falcon_52 said:
That's a shame about the sleeve zipper. Otherwise, it looks to be in execellent condition. $700 + minor repair work doesn't seem too bad to me for this jacket.

Noel
That's because you know how good they are...

asiamiles

tcwu said:
The most easy way is sending the jacket back to BR have them to replace the zipper.

Unless you are the original buyer and have all the paperwork to prove it, I think you may have great difficulty getting Buzz to replace it. And the shipping costs involved would be sky high.

I think $700 is a fair price for a B-2, and I'm sure finding one in a 44 is no easy business, but not so sure for one with a broken zipper; if you know of any easy and cheap way of fixing it, then okay, but otherwise...why not go for one from RMNZ instead, that's if they're still available?

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
The Few? They're probably available ...

http://66.102.7.132/translate_c?hl=en&i ... fKX6EIeiJQ

But ... price / ¥ 210,000 - [including tax]
I was thinking you might be able to get one cheaper by ordering direct from RMNZ, rather than buying a jacket that already been exported to Japan?

Spend $700 plus $55 (shipping) for a broken zipper jacket is kind of crazy to me!
But to some people replacing a broken/missing zipper pull might be a piece of cake.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
I was thinking you might be able to get one cheaper by ordering direct from RMNZ, rather than buying a jacket that already been exported to Japan?

No, it's pretty much the same, Miles. The prices are set in Yen, so you would only save the shipping cost, which is included from NZ.

John Lever

deeb7 said:
asiamiles said:

No, it's pretty much the same, Miles. The prices are set in Yen, so you would only save the shipping cost, which is included from NZ.
I have both jackets. The Buzz was approximately half the price of The Few which was about £1500 or $2150.

asiamiles

John Lever said:
I have both jackets. The Buzz was approximately half the price of The Few which was about £1500 or $2150.

Would you consider The Few one worth twice as much as the Buzz?

asiamiles

tcwu said:
Brand New at HPA $1275 and $24 for shipping! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Assuming they have one in stock.

John, have you been tempted to add a William Gibson B-2 to your line-up? I think that could have been a great looking jacket if they'd left the collar brown rather than dying it black...I think brown mouton collars look great on black leather jackets.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:

Yes, and the buyer may have paid a good price, but at least he's getting one of the Werber labelled examples .... better than the 'house' label they are now offering.

And the missing pull isn't such a big deal.

John Lever

asiamiles said:
tcwu said:
Brand New at HPA $1275 and $24 for shipping! :lol: :lol: :lol:

John, have you been tempted to add a William Gibson B-2 to your line-up? I think that could have been a great looking jacket if they'd left the collar brown rather than dying it black...I think brown mouton collars look great on black leather jackets.

Not a fan of the melanistic variants.

ausreenactor

Gents...

As a sidebar, saw a BR AL-1 retail at 69000Y go for 91000 in Japan?? Crazy days!!

B-2's on Yahoo Japan usually around 75000Y...

Regards..

Couchy

Roughwear

John Lever said:
Like buses, none for ages then two come along together -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOST-WORLD-B-2-J- ... 240%3A1318

Looks like one of the cheaper thinner hide versions that were on sale a few years ago. The leather has a crumpled thinner look than the usual 4 oz. offering.

I noticed this one John. I was going to ask you what would be a fair price for this on Ebay. Just curious as they rarely come up and the price the other one went for seems a little OTT.

John Lever

Roughwear said:
John Lever said:
Like buses, none for ages then two come along together -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOST-WORLD-B-2-J- ... 240%3A1318

Looks like one of the cheaper thinner hide versions that were on sale a few years ago. The leather has a crumpled thinner look than the usual 4 oz. offering.

I noticed this one John. I was going to ask you what would be a fair price for this on Ebay. Just curious as they rarely come up and the price the other one went for seems a little OTT.

£300 - £400