• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buco/Brando NEW CAPS!!

DiamondDave

Apparently what the "Vintage Motorcycle" enthusiast has been asking for for years.... a cap with 100% Wool topper, ACTUAL LEATHER (not vinyl) Brims and straps, and straps that really work. All Cotton interior band and metal eyelets, for cooling.

Now comes to the market, the Diamond Cap Co. versions of the old Buco style Black and White, 8 piece cap (as made famous by Elvis) as well as a "Wild Ones" style Brando cap in both black and taupe variations.

Would just like to get the take of some of our esteemed members here at VLJ. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to post over on the FL site, but am working on it.

Cheers and thanks for looking.

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

Dave,

You've outdone yourself again. These caps look terrific-just the right accessory to the vintage Buco. I'd bet more than a few of us have pined for one of these caps, knowing that the vintage or repro bike jacket is never truly complete without the cap. When will you be making them available officially?

Dan

DiamondDave

Seal,

Thanks for the feedback.

Dan,

Available soon. I am still working out a couple of minor logistical things and will probably launch these next week.

DD

A

Anonymous

Very COOL, very retro.

"What are you rebelling against Johnny"

"What do ya got"

Classic look.

havocpaul

fantastic caps...also brings back memories of Joe Strummer and Paul Simenon wearing similar on the early Clash tours of the States, very rock'n'roll!

Tim P

They look well made and, dare I say it, may enjoy appeal beyond those who are focussed purely on vintage.

Burnsie

Totally bad ass. I'd wear these out which I wouldn't do with a crusher...a hell raising alternative to the newsboy caps I always wear. That taupe version just looks RIGHT.

Andrew

So in "The Land of the Free" you don't have to wear a helmet? Cool!!

Nice work DD, those details make them a genuine article that will age nicely.

DiamondDave

Burnsie,

Thanks for the comment! Man it's good to hear from somebody that, "Gets It". And of course from a fellow connoisseur of the "Days Gone By" as it were.

Andrew,

Absolutely not. At least here in Oklahoma, helmets are always an option. It is of course "hotly debated" as to whether a law should be put in place. But much like taking away a mid-westerners GUNS, it is doubtful that it will pass for some time. Of course we here just refer to non helmet wearers as Organ Donors anyway! LOL.

Thanks for the great feedback from all that have participated in this discussion.

Cheers,

DD

Happy Hooligan

You're actually right at the forefront of the "Back to Biker" movement... I've started to see a few old school biker looks hitting the market in recent months. I would imagine this would do very well over seas.

It's also the natural shoot off of what you make now.

You should also do a vintage "service man" line with the taxi, milkman, gas station worker and so forth...

Swing

PA's helmet law was over turned a couple of years ago. After a certain amount of time/experience (a year or two) a rider is permitted to go with out a helmet if they so choose. Each state has different laws though in regard to helmets.

As for the vintage style caps, very cool. But riding an old bike would be a must to be able to wear a cap like that.

~Swing

PS, the guys modeling the hats need some dark blue selvedge denim!

DiamondDave

Hooligan,

That's a GREAT idea, I hadn't even thought of the "Service" line!

Swing,

As to the vintage denim.... I WISH that I had the money to provide my
models with ALL of the goodies, like that. I already got ahold of the guys
that own the bikes and had the rest of the props and caps, but alas, no
1937 or '44 Levis in the budget.

DD