• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson vs Buzz Rickson B-10

Brettafett

Real McCoys makes some nice B-10s also.
I had a Stagg size 40, but its was a touch roomy on me (2003/4/5?). I had to layer up and the knit colour became an issue for me.
I loved the collar, the shape and mouton was gorgeous. Was very warm.
After I saw ELCs B-10 in the shop however, I had to sell the Stagg and get the ELC.

ausreenactor

I
Real McCoys makes some nice B-10s also.
I had a Stagg size 40, but its was a touch roomy on me (2003/4/5?). I had to layer up and the knit colour became an issue for me.
I loved the collar, the shape and mouton was gorgeous. Was very warm.
After I saw ELCs B-10 in the shop however, I had to sell the Stagg and get the ELC.
Sizing based decision? Surely the Stagg was as good as it gets?

ausreenactor

I'm following with a lot of interest this thread. @Greg Gale , I'm asking myself the same questions as you regarding the choice of a B-10 in the right size... I too would like to avoid knits with too much contrast with the color of the jacket (I totally exclude red knits).
The B-10 ELC looks great... but it's too expensive and you can't find it used.
Buzz Rickson seems like a good option, but you have to make sure of the actual jacket dimensions.
Bronson / Bob Dong looks good... but if I only have one B-10, I'd rather bet on a more accurate jacket.
I've seen some very nice B-10 Real McCoy on yahoo japan. I might dig in that direction.
The B-10 Goodwear seems perfect ! I'll ask about the price... but two years is a long time (for a B-10).
Bounce around Yahoo. ELC RW B-10 went for $275 the other day..

Greg Gale

Looks like Bronson restocked their B-10s, I'm curious if anything changed in the pattern/ color:

01_f520d375-4c4f-4221-9895-70bede459840_2048x.jpg

B-Man2

Finally knits are matched with the fabric! ... Damn it looks pretty good.
... when I just said in Burt's thread that I won't buy from Bronson ! :rolleyes:
Kermit
Please don’t let my issue influence your purchase . I had a Bronson B-10 and the decal was spot on . The customer service is the real issue to consider, because the B-10 was fine .

Greg Gale

I got a reply from Bronson, their color changed a bit. My previous B-10 was too 'cold green', not olive enough, and it changed for the better.

Old:
9qbgtrfierz2u9vds5l325ipkson.jpg

New:

2o0bhzaxt9e4966oczsdk2jxjmlo.jpg

B-Man2

Greg
At least the decal is in the right place on this one . :)
I just sold my Bronson B-10 because I liked their B-15a better with the hand warmer pockets . Nothing wrong with the B-10 at all, it was a great jacket . Just a personal preference on the pocket thing .

Greg Gale

Greg
At least the decal is in the right place on this one . :)
I just sold my Bronson B-10 because I liked their B-15a better with the hand warmer pockets . Nothing wrong with the B-10 at all, it was a great jacket . Just a personal preference on the pocket thing .

I think their B-15 is a better repro, more accurate - but I just love the B-10 :)

johnwayne

Always assumed ELC’s Roughwear B10’s were actually BR in view of the fact they are BR’s Euro agents? However, whilst I cant compare any as I only have had and still have my BR Superior Toggs B10, it’s become my go to ‘snug as bug’ winter warmer jacket! My only comment is maybe it could be a tad longer in the body as it rides up when reaching etc but actually sits on the waist/hips as I think they should and better when sitting driving and I guess, in a cockpit!! I also really love the contrasting rust knits that have proved so topical here in the past but then I’ve always liked rust knit A2’s too. The zipper could be smoother if I’m honest, (the same with my BR Tanker 2nd pattern, also a great jacket for winter so not sure if BR suffer that prob generally) but have to say I always get nice comments when wearing it and from people you wouldn’t expect!!!
How much easier would our lives and jacket buying be if we could try before we buy???

Brettafett

Bronson's new B-10s look nice. I could nit-pick the collar, and hope they 'fixed' the interior sleeve lining... but for the price, a really great buy.
Hard to beat really, less than half, maybe even a third the price of a new BR. If I didn't have the ELC and BR, I'd have already ordered one.

Kermit3D

Kermit
Please don’t let my issue influence your purchase . I had a Bronson B-10 and the decal was spot on . The customer service is the real issue to consider, because the B-10 was fine .

No worries Burt.
I actually didn't realize that these Bronson jackets (especially the B-10) were REALLY cheap. In my mind the price was just a little lower than the Buzz Rickson one. But in reality, as Brettafett says, it's more than half the price.

The new color, matching knits and price really make me want to give it a shot. It could be a nice surprise. ;)

Brettafett

Just fyi @Kermit3D , not sure if the pattern has changed, likely not. The one I had before was a 40 and I felt it was a touch trim.
I also felt that the lining in the sleeves could have also done with a bit more 'give'... If I bought another, Id get a 42.