• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronco size 42

T-Bolt

That is pretty sad, Andrew! I can't believe that he does not have a son, grandson, great grandson or a female relative who would not love to have that jacket and cap as a momento. Yes it's sad.....maybe the ebay winner will preserve the memory of that gentleman. :cool:

Ted

Andrew

Shame indeed. If the winner lived nearby it'd be worth picking up and having what's left of the lining signed. I wonder if that's all he has left?

jacketimp

T-Bolt said:
That is pretty sad, Andrew! I can't believe that he does not have a son, grandson, great grandson or a female relative who would not love to have that jacket and cap as a momento. Yes it's sad.....maybe the ebay winner will preserve the memory of that gentleman. :cool:

Ted

ted,

it could be.............i've seen an A2 on offer cos the vet was single and an air force lifer.....and they found his A2 when the new owners cleared his flat!

really sad.........

greyhound52

Ran across the same thing that is how I got my B-15B mod with all the details of the fellow who during the WW2 was a B-29 flight engineer and was shot down in Sept 44 over Japan. He was a POW in Northern China at the same location of the infamous Unit 731 which did chemical and biological warfare experiments on Chinese and POWs. After the war he stayed in the USAF and served in the 52nd Combat Cargo flying missions out of Japan for the Korean war. Quite a story and of course he had no relatives to give his stuff to so I got some of it off ebay from a person who was a close friend of his.

b_15bfrt1.jpg