• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR tanker size 40R "the sad sack" 2nd model question and nice back art pic

dinomartino1

Anybody have a BRR 2nd model tanker jacket 40R
I have this but its always been to big for me so I'm selling it. I think the waistband is stretched because it seems pretty wide but maybe I'm too skinny and I don't want to sell something that may have an issue without mentioning it to any buyers.
I have come across BR before with the wrong size on the label, mine is 40R but it's an older jacket so maybe the sizing is different now though I think it is really a 40 due to the arm length.
If you have one can you see if your measurements are close to mine.
It really breaks my heart to have to sell this I used to love the sad sack comic books in my childhood.

Knits riding up can affect accurate measuring so I have included without them as as well.
I'm 5 7" with 31w
Arms 23.5 or 20.5 without the knits
Chest nearly 23
Back length 24 or 21.5 excluding the waistband
Shoulders 20
waist knit 21 across the front

IMG_4109.jpeg
IMG_4108.jpeg
IMG_4105.jpeg
IMG_4100.jpeg

asiamiles

My recollection is that BR Tankers generally fit to size but the waist knits always seemed a little loose, even when new, so I found the RM Tanker fit much better. The arms on your Tanker are only just big enough, so you couldn't downsize; if you really like the Sad Sack art it might be worth having a new waistband put on or if the current one still has some 'stretch' have it taken in you could possibly get away with only having half to two-thirds of it unpicked and reattached.

MauldinFan

Curious, did it come from BR with the Sad Sack artwork?
If not, whoever did that copied it expertly. I've never seen derivative art done that well if it wasn't silkscreened from an original George Baker drawing!

JonnyCrow

Anybody have a BRR 2nd model tanker jacket 40R
I have this but its always been to big for me so I'm selling it. I think the waistband is stretched because it seems pretty wide but maybe I'm too skinny and I don't want to sell something that may have an issue without mentioning it to any buyers.
I have come across BR before with the wrong size on the label, mine is 40R but it's an older jacket so maybe the sizing is different now though I think it is really a 40 due to the arm length.
If you have one can you see if your measurements are close to mine.
It really breaks my heart to have to sell this I used to love the sad sack comic books in my childhood.

Knits riding up can affect accurate measuring so I have included without them as as well.
I'm 5 7" with 31w
Arms 23.5 or 20.5 without the knits
Chest nearly 23
Back length 24 or 21.5 excluding the waistband
Shoulders 20
waist knit 21 across the front

View attachment 115285View attachment 115287View attachment 115289View attachment 115291
I like that, like the artwork also, I have a Buzz B15 with the Super Mouse art work on the back, painted not silk screen or print