• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Griffon_301

Red Wing Iron Rangers Hawthorne here, and as this is a boots thread no pic of the M-422a I wear above

Attachments

• 20190928_105242.jpg
    20190928_105242.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 180

Smithy

I really can't remember whether I've replied in this thread or not, but what the hell, more than once is better when it comes to sex and all good things as my old man used to say.

Me, it's RM Williams, Blundstones, cowboy boots, Palladiums, or if it's the middle of winter here with minus goodness knows what, Sorel Caribou boots.

Some of the best damn boots I have ever owned are Justin ropers, they don't cost an arm or a leg by any means, they're sturdier than most flashy brands, and you can wear them with a pair of jeans or even dressed up. There's a US member here - sorry forgotten who - who wore them as flying boots during his time and swears by them as well.

If you're after a good, old fashioned, tough old pair of boots look no further.

LjU1yTQ.jpg

Grant

Smithy,
Your right, can't go wrong with a pair of Justin Ropers.Yours look like they're in amazing condition.
While doing a job in Fort Worth, TX, I picked a pair of Red Wing 8188 Rough out Pecos boots - not as refined or well made as Justins, but very comfortable boots as well.

RWPecos.jpg

Smithy

Your right, can't go wrong with a pair of Justin Ropers.Yours look like they're in amazing condition.

That was back when that pair was still fairly newish Grant but they hold up well if you condition and polish them from time to time.

Those Pecos look great, I like them a lot.

Thomas Koehle

I#m still rearranging my "mancave" and once in a while "find" some stuff i purchased couple of years back:

boots which go along with flight jackets are off Course Corcorans - i bought them back when i was still doing some reenactment but was always satisfied with the craftmanship

vJhn0IQ.jpg

i bought this pair from a guy which told me These should be "USN flightdeck boots" - where brandnew when i got them and since then used at work once in a while - soles are "BILTRITE" with steeltoes in the tipp

9360Mu8.jpg

sz7VjZx.jpg

AvfGnLR.jpg

Almost identical boots just lower - where also sold as USN boots - same sole as the "flightdeck boots" - also with steeltoes

These boots where claimed as pilots-boots - soles are vibram - much thicker and softer than the BILTRITE soles of the other 2 pairs and still unused

RMednLm.jpg

since i found them back i will include them in my weekly tournament to start breaking them in

None of them was higher than 60.- Bucks back then and all are high-quality

pretty happy since the "surfaced" again

Bossk

my boot collection, brown ones are my favourite, very comfy and durable. They are from the brand Diesel as well as the grey ones that are more stylish. HD boots are also cool but a bit hard in the calves, black ones are good too but I like a bit less