• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Dong B-10 Jacket review with pics!

Brettafett

I love the B-10. It has that classic WW2 pilot pedigree and is great as a practical, wearable winter jacket.
After seeing Thomas’ review of his Bob Dong B-10, my curiosity was piqued and I had to try one.
Brett Bob Dong B-10 42 1.jpg

I am very impressed and surprised how nice the jacket is. The quality is very good. Value for money is incredible.
I gauged I’d needed a size 42… luckily found one and pounced.
Brett Bob Dong B-10 42 2.jpg

Put into context I have owned a Buzz Rickson B-10 size 40 and have an ELC B-10 size 40 LONG.
My ELC B-10 has been the one jacket I have held on too all these years. I love it. It’s a superb cold weather flight jacket. Details, fit, the whole package is top class. The Buzz was a slightly bigger/ thicker jacket than the ELC all round, also very warm and well-made.
So, comparing this new Bob Dong B-10 with those jackets… its no Eastman, but it certainly compares pretty well…
Brett Bob Dong B-10 42 3.jpg

At 5’10, 72kgs, 39.5” to 40” chest etc… This size 42 fits relatively well, has room to spare. Lengths are good, even for me. The jacket is very comfortable, easy to manoeuvre in and relatively light. Certainly warm enough for the coldest UK winter! Bring it on!
I recon, this 42 would fit someone with an actual 42” to 43” (even 44”) chest, 5’8 to 6 ft, depending on fit preference. Fit is a funny thing, but at these prices, well worth the ‘try’.
For me, the 40 may fit a bit better in the body perhaps, more snug as a personal preference, but then may be a bit short, not sure.
Measurements (approx.):
Chest, pit to pit – 24"
Back, pit to pit – 24"
Shoulders – 19.25"
Back length – 25.75"
Sleeve length – 26"
P1250519.JPG

Jacket is very well-made. Stitching is neat, buttons and snaps are of good quality and work perfectly. Zipper is a brass-type Talon repro. Feels light, but works well enough.
The mid brown/ blonde mouton collar is very soft and luxurious (collar is a bigger than the ELC’s, quite similar to my old Buzz).
The fit pics are not great taken from mobile, colour looks washed out. The jacket on its give a better idea of actual colour.
Brett Bob Dong B-10 42 6.jpg

The knit cuffs have no seam, which is a win right there. They do not feel 100% cotton, maybe a blend, but they are strong, with a good amount of elasticity and appear right... I was initially concerned about the knit being a darker green than the body, as with the BR, but its not an issue. It looks fine.
Its been a long time since I had the BR, and I do not have any pics to compare, but from memory… I almost want to say that they have clone-copied a Buzz Rickson B-10. Amazing job! Especially for the price! Futures looking bright for us jacket enthusiasts! What else do these guys produce!!!
Brett Bob Dong B-10 42 4.jpg

I have just decided I have to try a 40, to be sure. Can get another 42 if the 40 is to short...
Brett Bob Dong B-10 42 5.jpg

I must also mention the guy I bought it from. His name is Lee and he has an Ebay presence, seller dlzlitchi2, shop VTGDR, (https://www.ebay.com/str/vtgdr).
Seems to stock some decent gear. He answered my emails pretty quickly and in perfect English. The transaction was easy and the jacket took literally 9 days, from date of order, to arrive in my hands. No import duties or taxes paid.
Thanks for reading.
P1250525.JPG

Last edited:

B-Man2

Brett
Great looking jacket!
Great Review!
Would you mind taking a picture of the jacket so we can see the lining of the jacket and the linnning of the sleeves?

Greg Gale

Good stuff, reeeally good stuff! After this review it may not be too long before I can't resist anymore and buy a "dong" B-10. Even in this szie it looks great on you, looking forward to seeing the 40.

EmergencyIan

It does look really good!

China has really stepped up their repros, it seems. Having said that, I really have very little experience with Chinese repros. So, for all I know, there could have been some pretty nice repros coming out of there for a long time. :)

- Ian

Brettafett

I think so Dmitry. Lee will let me know as soon as the new batch is available... Juts hope lengths are ok.

Schmauder

My Bob Dong B-10 also arrived, yesterday I could pick up the package with the B-1- along with a few other items. I'm very pleased with it, hopefully it gets cooler in the next few weeks ;). I managed to grab a quick fit pic before heading to work. It's wearable both with just a shirt or a sweater. In the pic I'm wearing my work sweater under the jacket. It's also a size 42. Luckily I'm a bit heavier than Brett (1,79m, 86 kgs), otherwise it would be on the lose side.
View media item 672

Brettafett

Nice! Fit looks good. That looks like the green knits... Schmaud, what did you pay for the jacket if I may ask?
And what size did you order? And... is that your regular size?
Danke
p.s. nice socks!:D