• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Coastal Command Irvin

Rufus

Hurray! A small jacket! I'm awaiting him to post size details... I mustn't get over excited, but I love these darker jackets. :)

spitfire

thank you for pointing this jacket out john,i've put a bid of £110.00 on it ( too poor for a larger amount :oops: ).i hope i win,i'll have a complete brown irvin suit then,or even a complete irvin black suit,if it turns out to be black wool...and they'll both fit me aswell.

spitfire

thank's peter.i've just got home and checked,and i lost out ( as i knew i would ).I didn't expect it to go for £110.00,that is such an unrealistic price for it.the price it sold for actually shows £149.89,which really surprised me,as i expected it to hit the £500 mark to be honest.I feel a bit guilty now,as i realize that someone who really may have wanted it at this forum,may have held off from bidding,because i mentioned i would have a full suit,in either brown wool or black wool,if i had won it.I've been dwelling on that all day and stewing over it,wishing i hadn't mentioned it... especially now,seeing as it only *seems* to have sold for £149.89 ( i dare say there was a secret higher bid,but ebay automatically never shows the true price a person bids,just the next lowest bid price ).
For all the people who held back from bidding on it,in respect of myself,i deeply apologise for making you aware of my situation,and for the fact i never won it,and i deeply appreciate how incredibly decent and honourable you must be.It must have taken immense discipline,and been incredibly frustrating for you.A big congratulations to the winner :D
It is really good to know these dark wool irvins are still around,let's hope the irvin that has just sold,and Andrews irvin,are not the only ones left in existence.

Roughwear

spitfire said:
thank's peter.i've just got home and checked,and i lost out ( as i knew i would ).I didn't expect it to go for £110.00,that is such an unrealistic price for it.the price it sold for actually shows £149.89,which really surprised me,as i expected it to hit the £500 mark to be honest.I feel a bit guilty now,as i realize that someone who really may have wanted it at this forum,may have held off from bidding,because i mentioned i would have a full suit,in either brown wool or black wool,if i had won it.I've been dwelling on that all day and stewing over it,wishing i hadn't mentioned it... especially now,seeing as it only *seems* to have sold for £149.89 ( i dare say there was a secret higher bid,but ebay automatically never shows the true price a person bids,just the next lowest bid price ).
For all the people who held back from bidding on it,in respect of myself,i deeply apologise for making you aware of my situation,and for the fact i never won it,and i deeply appreciate how incredibly decent and honourable you must be.It must have taken immense discipline,and been incredibly frustrating for you.A big congratulations to the winner :D
It is really good to know these dark wool irvins are still around,let's hope the irvin that has just sold,and Andrews irvin,are not the only ones left in existence.

It probably sold for a realistic price bearing in mind the repairs and small size. It may have gone for more had there been better pics.