• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents "Liberty" horsehide

Vcruiser

a2jacketpatches said:
Vcruiser said:
It had nothing to do with me if that's your insinuation A2jp. However..I never agreed with his weird tactics and expressed as much always out in the open. I'm not one to whine about disagreements on the forum with management...but evidently someone felt enough was enough. Like Bill said in his statement banning someone from the VLJ isn't taken lightly and usually comes about through personal discussion progressing to warning if they determine the problem pers

No Van, not at all. And I'm not insinuating anything, I'm coming right out and saying it. Whatever happened in PM's is exactly what I mean about not knowing the whole story. But I can certainly see the aggressors who come right out and bust the guys nuts in public at every opportunity, and if the opportunity wasn't there, created one. I've been back and forth with Platon on more than one occasion myself along with others here. I can honestly call any of them a comrade today including Platon, but if I was needled the same way I've seen recently I'd probably send a few PM's myself. Look the guy is gone and it's still happening.

Well hell..you can overlook the fact that Platon played 'just another member' for awhile until he decided to make the VLJ his advertising tool for BK and insert his ads in practically every thread that mentioned repro A2s. The VLJ tried to contain his 'enthusiasm'..and address complaints by members that this was becoming the BK forum by one of their actual reps by creating a Reproduction Makers section on the forum for him. How many Jacket companies do you see resorting to BKs tactics on this forum at every opening. Jacket reps from other companies realized a long time ago that constantly dominating threads with their ads wasn't good business practice and let customer praise mainly do their talking for them. This has been hashed and rehashed and some still see no problem with it. However..others did..out in the open and on PMs. Evidently management agreed that complaints were valid and wanted the VLJ to remain a forum that members (customers) praised or critiqued products rather than company jacket reps arguing about what is better by PM or otherwise...and there's quite a difference answering questions about your product in a thread 'about or mentioning your wares' compared to posting a continual public notice about how great your product is compared to all other makers being discussed.
Van

a2jacketpatches

Vcruiser said:
a2jacketpatches said:
Vcruiser said:
It had nothing to do with me if that's your insinuation A2jp. However..I never agreed with his weird tactics and expressed as much always out in the open. I'm not one to whine about disagreements on the forum with management...but evidently someone felt enough was enough. Like Bill said in his statement banning someone from the VLJ isn't taken lightly and usually comes about through personal discussion progressing to warning if they determine the problem pers

No Van, not at all. And I'm not insinuating anything, I'm coming right out and saying it. Whatever happened in PM's is exactly what I mean about not knowing the whole story. But I can certainly see the aggressors who come right out and bust the guys nuts in public at every opportunity, and if the opportunity wasn't there, created one. I've been back and forth with Platon on more than one occasion myself along with others here. I can honestly call any of them a comrade today including Platon, but if I was needled the same way I've seen recently I'd probably send a few PM's myself. Look the guy is gone and it's still happening.

Well hell..you can overlook the fact that Platon played 'just another member' for awhile until he decided to make the VLJ his advertising tool for BK and insert his ads in practically every thread that mentioned repro A2s. The VLJ tried to contain his 'enthusiasm'..and address complaints by members that this was becoming the BK forum by one of their actual reps by creating a Reproduction Makers section on the forum for him. How many Jacket companies do you see resorting to BKs tactics on this forum at every opening. Jacket reps from other companies realized a long time ago that constantly dominating threads with their ads wasn't good business practice and let customer praise mainly do their talking for them. This has been hashed and rehashed and some still see no problem with it. However..others did..out in the open and on PMs. Evidently management agreed that complaints were valid and wanted the VLJ to remain a forum that members (customers) praised or critiqued products rather than company jacket reps arguing about what is better by PM or otherwise...and there's quite a difference answering questions about your product in a thread 'about or mentioning your wares' compared to posting a continual public notice about how great your product is compared to all other makers being discussed.
Van
OK, agreed, he's gone, so let him be. Right?

Vcruiser

a2jacketpatches said:
OK, agreed, he's gone, so let him be. Right?

Well it just seemed that some explanation & clarification was needed about your accusations of aggressors and needling concerning your idea of poor Platon's plight. :shock:

bseal

Quite possibly the best way for a2jackets and others to truly honor our lost soldier is to post pictures of themselves in one of his beloved creations. His family would have wanted that. Goodnight and good luck.

a2jacketpatches

No accusations and no concerns for poor Platons plight. He's gone, so get off it now. Wasn't my intention to rehash all the issues you had with him personally, just saying let it go now and pretty sure most who are not chiming in are thinking the same thing. The guy is not here anymore to defend himself so why keep cracking jokes or bitch about the past? I'm well aware of his idiosyncrasies and by no means support or condone everything about him. But I think it just as annoying to me seeing others kick him while he's down.

I'm outta this hen house for now, think I was just dropping the hint to get over it and move on. I'm with BF now, not open for discussion.

http://henhouse.forumco.com/login.asp?t ... efault.asp

Vcruiser

a2jacketpatches said:
No accusations and no concerns for poor Platons plight. He's gone, so get off it now. Wasn't my intention to rehash all the issues you had with him personally, just saying let it go now and pretty sure most who are not chiming in are thinking the same thing. The guy is not here anymore to defend himself so why keep cracking jokes or b*tch about the past? I'm well aware of his idiosyncrasies and by no means support or condone everything about him. But I think it just as annoying to me seeing others kick him while he's down.

I'm outta this hen house for now, think I was just dropping the hint to get over it and move on. I'm with BF now, not open for discussion.

So then just quit responding about it. His issues were certainly more than just personally with me. I didn't/couldn't ban the guy..so maybe you should just get over it :?:

a2jacketpatches

Vcruiser said:
a2jacketpatches said:
No accusations and no concerns for poor Platons plight. He's gone, so get off it now. Wasn't my intention to rehash all the issues you had with him personally, just saying let it go now and pretty sure most who are not chiming in are thinking the same thing. The guy is not here anymore to defend himself so why keep cracking jokes or b*tch about the past? I'm well aware of his idiosyncrasies and by no means support or condone everything about him. But I think it just as annoying to me seeing others kick him while he's down.

So then just quit responding about it. His issues were certainly more than just personally with me. I didn't/couldn't ban the guy..so maybe you should just get over it :?:

I am over it, and not sure who rattled your chain because you weren't even a thought before you jumped in. So as suggested, over and out.

Vcruiser

a2jacketpatches said:
Vcruiser said:
a2jacketpatches said:

I am over it, and not sure who rattled your chain because you weren't even a thought before you jumped in. So as suggested, over and out.

...and no one was thinking much beforehand about your upcoming very important input either..but you. ;)

siddhartha

Administrator
We do not take deletions lightly at all, and we gave plenty of chances (some would say too many) to this member, but it didn't work out.

Let's all move on, and if you'd like to discuss with Platon, contact him directly through his website.

Chris

leper-colony

Wow. He's gone? That's F'ed up.

I've modded forums too. If something happened via PM, I have no idea.

Its interesting how a few constantly bitched about him, and were never censured, just him apparently.

Hey Moddies, why don't you delete me too, and keep your little club.

*sigh*

a2jacketpatches

Van,

Actually, a few guys with even less of an idea than me were asking what was going on, so I just explained a little based observation and not knowing it all. Guess I must have irritated you seeing that you felt I may have been talking about you in particular. My only "input" really is to give the guy a break, he's been punished, can't retaliate, and some guys here really liked him so knock it off.

Anyway, thanks for the summary, I still don't really care, Sorry to get your panties in a twist.

And leper colony, amen brother -
"Its interesting how a few constantly bitched about him, and were never censured, just him apparently"

FlyingYankee

I was never sure if Platon was one guy or one of several people. I had dealings with a guy named Andy at BK , so I don't know if that was the guy

Silver Surfer

been outta the loop for a few days due to my ear surgery, so having read this thread, i decided to go back and read some of platons postings. i just could not find anything that was way outta line, least so that would get him shit canned. something, somethings he pmed? pm does stand for personal message, doesnt it? i mean a direct communication between the sender and receiver. gotta say that those who have beef about the constant bk push have a point, but we all know that. so what? as i remember, about the time that platon first started posting, things on the forum were getting a little tired and dull, so he came into this and gave it a shot in the arm. whats more, he has been a giver, having contributed that jacket making thread, leather ids, leather care, umteen photos, humor [intended or not], research, etc, and has been an active participant on this forum. as has been said by others he will be missed, and frankly, as best as i can tell, hes been given a raw deal by not being able to respond to getting axed, here on this forum. though this quote is often taken out of context, and for that matter, misquoted [as i am doing], we all know what it means when it is used. "let he who is free of sin, be the one to cast the first stone"-john 8:7

Otter

I know the powers that be have spoken, and that their decree is final.

But how about a compromise? If the forum software allows it, Platton is allowed back, limited posting rights to the manufacturers forum only and no pm rights. Does that seem reasonable?

Vcruiser

a2jacketpatches said:
Van,

Actually, a few guys with even less of an idea than me were asking what was going on, so I just explained a little based observation and not knowing it all. Guess I must have irritated you seeing that you felt I may have been talking about you in particular. My only "input" really is to give the guy a break, he's been punished, can't retaliate, and some guys here really liked him so knock it off.

Anyway, thanks for the summary, I still don't really care, Sorry to get your panties in a twist.

And leper colony, amen brother -
"Its interesting how a few constantly bitched about him, and were never censured, just him apparently"

You only irritated me by placing the blame on others about his demise. It was/is very apparent that you do not care about how he himself brought it on..and on. You also can't bring yourself to realize that much of the 'bitching' about Platon had validity enough for VLJ management to take notice and keep an eye on it. Since you don't really care about the problem that Platon presented you expected censure for whom you disagreed with and feel were 'bitching' about nothing of any relevance. The only thing that you are sorry for is that Van just incredibly fails to see things in the the same way as you.
Van

ausreenactor

I would not think it was in Platon's nature to be overly aggressive? In PMs during some of the early 'barrages' he appeared a cool customer when many would be at their wits end. To banish someone who was so enthusiastic about consistently improving their contributions to the jacket community as a whole is puzzling. I can check for the latest BK updates on the Facebook page I suppose; however, there are surely to be many here who are scratching their heads. Two or three with a personal vendetta will be eager to run Platon into the ground without any chance of a retort. This is where the level of content and venom is likely to touch on Moderator limits...

I had an altercation where a member of a Militaria forum threatened my family while I was deployed. The simpleton was chasing ammunition propellant illegally. I called him on it. The individual decided to inadvertently forward his vent about me to my PM box. I then posted the relevant sections of the PM to the thread and the mods did pretty much nothing. I was offered his personal details by other members who were shocked by the post, and was content that he was on the other side of the country. Nothing physically happened and his involvement in the forum waned, without Moderator involvement.

A restriction to the Reproduction Manufacturers thread would benefit the members of the forum; however, I do not think our interests are the main effort here. :(

As buyers we have a LOT to thank the guys at Bill Kelso for. I had never clicked on some of the sections of the forum until Platon put up some of his latest offerings or input.

For the latest updates on VLJ all we have to look forward to now is the occasional hyperlink to a Good Wear page or a new acquisition from a member, if they take the time to put up pics... :( More time on Facebook checking out the Flight Jacket pages then..

Better not go searching for 'evidence' of the posts that led to Platon's demise. I am sure that I could find a dozen spiteful comments sent my way during fiery debates/robust discussions that I disregarded due to the heat of the moment or banter.