• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents "Liberty" horsehide

Otter

I sell Sarcasm Detectors on eBay! They are based on the bomb detector technology with a programme card for sarcasm. :roll:

a2jacketpatches

chancerider said:
stevetfire said:
leper-colony said:
Hey, Platon, could there ever be a BK leather nicer than this?
My guess is some of you guys don't know that Platon's account has been deleted

Whoa....what happened, and why...if on can pry a bit? Was it overly-aggressive shilling?

I'm sure I don't know the whole story, but it certainly appeared to be overly aggressive coupla things from a coupla guys, he lost.

Otter

We might not have seen eye to eye all the time :lol: but I would have prefered to see him still here. I enjoyed poking him now and again, so part of the problem may well have been my fault. I have said it elsewhere and will happily say it here, I feel we are the poorer for not having him with us.

Vcruiser

It had nothing to do with me if that's your insinuation A2jp. However..I never agreed with his weird tactics and expressed as much always out in the open. I'm not one to whine about disagreements on the forum with management...but evidently someone felt enough was enough. Like Bill said in his statement banning someone from the VLJ isn't taken lightly and usually comes about through personal discussion progressing to warning if they determine the problem persists. Platon's overly aggressive PMs to some other members may have caused many of his problems here as well. Most probably that's what sunk his ship. In the past..several members PM'd me about Platon's behind the scenes personal rants to them and consistent belittling of other maker's jackets compared to BK's perfection. Some folks here just don't care to air their grievance's or go to battle with someone out on the public forum..so will take it up with management when they think appropriate. Who knows what happened? VLJ management decided that something serious enough must have..and I'm sure several of them came to the same consensus.
Van

mark

I'm new to VLJ but have enjoyed Platons posts and his jackets look fantastic. Think this forum will be very much the poorer for not having him here. Of course he could be a little opinionated at times but this can easily be forgiven on the grounds his jackets have had such positive reviews, besides let those without fault cast the first stone and all that! ;)
Lets hope the moderators reconsider and allow him back soon.

a2jacketpatches

Vcruiser said:
It had nothing to do with me if that's your insinuation A2jp. However..I never agreed with his weird tactics and expressed as much always out in the open. I'm not one to whine about disagreements on the forum with management...but evidently someone felt enough was enough. Like Bill said in his statement banning someone from the VLJ isn't taken lightly and usually comes about through personal discussion progressing to warning if they determine the problem pers

No Van, not at all. And I'm not insinuating anything, I'm coming right out and saying it. Whatever happened in PM's is exactly what I mean about not knowing the whole story. But I can certainly see the aggressors who come right out and bust the guys nuts in public at every opportunity, and if the opportunity wasn't there, created one. I've been back and forth with Platon on more than one occasion myself along with others here. I can honestly call any of them a comrade today including Platon, but if I was needled the same way I've seen recently I'd probably send a few PM's myself. Look the guy is gone and it's still happening.

Vcruiser

mark said:
I'm new to VLJ but have enjoyed Platons posts and his jackets look fantastic. Think this forum will be very much the poorer for not having him here. Of course he could be a little opinionated at times but this can easily be forgiven on the grounds his jackets have had such positive reviews, besides let those without fault cast the first stone and all that! ;)
Lets hope the moderators reconsider and allow him back soon.

BK doesn't have much of an updated website yet but they do have a Bill Kelso Facebook page if you're interested in their jackets and new offerings.
Van

bretron

Whatever Platon did I'm sure it was deserving. But I also think it sucks not having him here. Especially now that people can basically say anything they want about him (and BK) behind his back.

Such a strange story that BK. I think if they would have taken the JC, Mark Fisher approach to forum presence and communicating/representing their brand they would have 10x more customers and 100x less drama

foster

I am a moderator for a different forum, and I know it is never an easy decision to ban someone. That being said, it is impossible to know what happens in private messages unless copied on them. I always based my moderation decisions on the things posted, but left the PM's out of the realm of moderating since those were not visible to more than the sender and receiver. Moderating is a difficult task which often goes without praise. They do what they do the best they can, in their spare time, and end up dealing with a lot of drama and subsequent questioning of their decisions.

I have learned much from Platon on here; I am thankful for the educational information he shared. I did not always agree with the methods of promoting BK, but from my limited perspective I thought that had improved in recent months.

I also have been a moderator on other forums that had participant populations as equally knowledgeable, kind, and often blunt as the folks found here. And of course, you always get some odd ducks and a few truly bad apples. You think this old flying jacket game is tough...try vintage bicycles or flyrods. Oh. My. Lord. Most I ever got into it with Platon was a quick and reasonably polite debate about Douglas MacArthur....really a chump-change argument. Honestly, I did find his persona here as a vendor rep a bit offputting at times, but since I am not a Kelso buyer or a serious jacket collector..I always took the STFU approach for myself. Maybe he could come back with a sincere apology and a change of tactics(?) Wasn't the Reproduction Manufacturer forum section pretty much created to contain him?

Thanks to the folks that run this place. It's one of my favorite internet stopping points.