• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Way to Send Jacket to Eastman

fl1946

Hi All -- What's best way to send flight jacket to Eastman? My 1401 finally needs liner, cuffs and waistband replaced. I should clarify question and ask, "Reasonably priced and safest way" to send jacket from SoCalif to England. Thanks.

Semper Fi,
Frank

PS -- Hi Roger if you are out there.

havocpaul

I would go with either Royal Mail Standard Parcel with additional insurance (up to £500) or see if it can go Special Delivery. I have always used the parcel service and had no problems whereas Parcel Force are more expensive and have 'hidden' insurance traps such as not covering certain items. Or why not ask Gary if they can arrange for their courrier to pick it up from you and charge the cost to yourself...they will already have a contract with that company.

Falcon_52

Frank:

I sent my jacket back to Eastman for repair last Autumn via the US Postal Service. There were no problems getting it there and the price was okay.

Noel

havocpaul

Ignore my reply, I wrote it before I woke up properly early this morning and somehow read you were in Cardiff!?!

fl1946

Thanks all. Sounds like USPS is good option. Since we're entering into summer months, I'm not in a hurry. Gary said there's a 10-12 week turnaround. Albeit haven't posted for years but have been a closet lurker reading the chat on this forum. Keep up the talk.

Lastly, wish you all well this Memorial Day. Please remember those who "Gave Their All." The flight jackets we all so cherish are the symbols of their sacrifice.

Semper Fi,
Frank
USMC, RVN '67