• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best repro G-1 ?

Vcruiser

Is this supposed to be a PM or post? ...Talk about making someone feel like they're walking on eggshells....
You gotta be kidding...
All in fun
Van

hacker

bfrench said:
..... but I'd prefer a jacket with the front seam over the back and side like the Church - the Church being my Holy Grail.

Cheers,
Bill French

IMGP1515.jpg

The real deal for ya buddy!....gut in, head high ;)

Hacker

Vcruiser

hacker said:
bfrench said:
..... but I'd prefer a jacket with the front seam over the back and side like the Church - the Church being my Holy Grail.

Cheers,
Bill French

IMGP1515.jpg

The real deal for ya buddy!....gut in, head high ;)

Hacker

Nice Church...but I'm very suspicious of that expression....
Here in HoosierLand we might almost call that a **** eatin grin.
Nothing personal..but of course...

hacker

Vcruiser said:
Nice Church...but I'm very suspicious of that expression....
Here in HoosierLand we might almost call that a **** eatin grin.
Nothing personal..but of course...

bfrench said:
Hacker

Just saw Van's reply to your jacket post - it seems to be in fun - well, at least I hope it is - if anything comes of it let me know.

Cheers,
Bill French

Bill...HELP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

IB Grinnin

airfrogusmc

Thanks guys and I couldn't cut out the gut but I thought I'd spare ya the mug. Wing its a great jacket and the goat is just incredible And for once we agree. :lol: I don't think theres a better Navy repro out there. Grant, if there were affordable originals in a size 52 I'd be all over them. I do have a killer IF-7823C size 48 (huge 48) and that is very RARE.

Curahee

Well I did it ! bought another one and it's a rare one to be sure only produced in 1955 for a short time no pics yet but here's
the label

7823ame26.jpg

Corey

Curahee,

That's a one you don't see very often. Judging by the label it's in very good condition. Any pics of the rest? I've had a couple of these in the past (LW Foster) but not in great condition.

Navy jackets are great and still relatively easy (compared to e.g. A-2's) to find, even the earlier 1950's models.

Here's a 73823 Cagleco I picked up a while back. Almost all the elements are in perfect condition except for the collar which has some rub spots. There were a bunch of patches and nametag which were removed which is a pity.

628141499_4uhbR-L.jpg

628151474_pAcCt-L.jpg

Curahee

No pics yet, soon though and you're right about finding nice early 50's G-1's.
The "2 AMEND #2" part sets it apart + it has a production date now that other
early G-1's don't have and I have a bunch of other stuff of the original owner
including some paperwork. Anyway I place some pics ASAP.

Mine is without stich holes and the knint and mouton will be replaced. The rest
is left as it is and is 100% intact including the original Conmar zipper