• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belstaff motorbike jacket

dean1992

Hi I hope someone can help me it was my dad's jacket that he left me and I was hoping someone could tell me something about it and if it's worth anythink I've tryed looking but carnt find the same jacket

Attachments

• IMG-20230519-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20230519-WA0005.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG-20230519-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230519-WA0004.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG-20230519-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230519-WA0003.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG-20230519-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230519-WA0002.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG-20230519-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230519-WA0000.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 16845170942882120259746460681612.jpg
    16845170942882120259746460681612.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 86

Dany McDonald

Ok, I am going with a desktop eval here, usually Belstaff jackets have a plaid liner and somewhat of a different Lebel. But since the company is under new Italian management, many new models were produced.

Look for Panther and try to matched your jacket.

It looks like it could be a Chinese knock off, I am not sure from the images. Its just my impression of the overall details.

D

dean1992

Ok, I am going with a desktop eval here, usually Belstaff jackets have a plaid liner and somewhat of a different Lebel. But since the company is under new Italian management, many new models were produced.

Look for Panther and try to matched your jacket.

It looks like it could be a Chinese knock off, I am not sure from the images. Its just my impression of the overall details.

D
I did find 1 online with the same style label but it had different pockets and it had a belt but mine doesn't look like a belt is meant to be with it but thank you for looking into it for me

Dany McDonald

Dean I am not 100% sure of my eval but you are right, trialmaster style = a belt, and I too is put off by the lack of loops...

I am more into the pre-Italian takeover in oilskin.

D

dean1992

Dean I am not 100% sure of my eval but you are right, trialmaster style = a belt, and I too is put off by the lack of loops...

I am more into the pre-Italian takeover in oilskin.

D
It looks like there was a label attached to the other label tht has been cut out at some point thank you for the information you have gave me I will keep trying to find out more about it

Dany McDonald

Yeah that doesn't look like what is expected on a Panther jacket, the puller should be bigger...

And the snaps usually have a Belstaff engraved somewhere...

I am not sure man, sorry.

D

dean1992

As to worth all I will say is that I wish I had kept some of my father's Belstaff jackets all of which were considerably earlier than this example.
I ain't looking at selling it I just wanna know so if it's not worth much I would wear it for my bikes if it is then I will put it away for safe keeping

JonnyCrow

As to worth all I will say is that I wish I had kept some of my father's Belstaff jackets all of which were considerably earlier than this example.
Along with gold top stuff eh Steve, we had a goldtop tannery in Hull, symbol was a gold spinning top, I had a pair of goldtop motorcycle boots as a teen

Dany McDonald

I think it could be a legit jacket from the period just before Belstaff was bought out and production moved to Italy.

Dany that's a Aero zipper i believe

Well you guys have me thinking...

New to me that Belstaff did a leather kit before being sold. Always saw oilskin before the takeover.

That Aero zip is really puzzling to say the least....

D

cgreen

I think another option would be to contact Belstaff and send them photos of the jacket - perhaps they have an archivist that can assist. I know that Schott sews tags into the pockets of their jackets that give the style and lot numbers, which would be a good place to start. Maybe Belstaff did the same and someone at the manufacturer's atelier will be able to help. It's a great looking jacket, hope you enjoy it.