• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-3 on eBay.

tda003

This is currently on eBay, size 38. It appears genuine and in very good shape, but far from my size. Seems odd the the starting bid is about 10% of the asking for what is clearly a repro - has pockets. (Thank you VLJ members for educating me!) Don't know if it actually is genuine, but that's a low starting point even for a repro. Possibly someone hear can help?

mulceber

@tda003, here are some good pictures of original B-3s that illustrate the pocket nicely. Originals had just one pocket, made of a piece of leather stitched to the sheepskin surface of the jacket. I believe it was originally meant to hold maps, but I find it very useful for car keys.

27748286_1940239256290914_8988921450975480167_o.jpg

66070878_10156720030299263_842767858734727168_n.jpg

102901934_2580707608910739_7627434522032377905_o.jpg

Last edited:

tda003

I have actually been hacked internally by a tech support firm I'd used and hit for $3k before finding out and spending over two weeks straightening it out. Actually not finally until the credit card company finishes its investigation. NOT Amish cyber terrorists!

Micawber

I have actually been hacked internally by a tech support firm I'd used and hit for $3k before finding out and spending over two weeks straightening it out. Actually not finally until the credit card company finishes its investigation. NOT Amish cyber terrorists!

Amish cyber terrorists?

As an aside I wanted a traditional postbox from across the pond so while staying with a WW2 veteran friend I bought one from a hardware store while in Intercourse - the Amish town that is. My how we laughed.

B-Man2

Amish cyber terrorists?

As an aside I wanted a traditional postbox from across the pond so while staying with a WW2 veteran friend I bought one from a hardware store while in Intercourse - the Amish town that is. My how we laughed.
I know “Intercourse” very well . It’s right near “Bird In Hand” .
it’s the truth …. You can’t make this stuff up! :oops:

Micawber

Ah yes now you chaps mention it I am reminded that I partook of the "Bird In Hand" experience but cannot for the life of me remember if it was before or after "Intercourse". Of course this was a good few years ago, we were younger then so it may well have been on the same day.

Nowadays, what with the Covid restrictions and being that much older, we tend not to go so far so Little Snoring does us nicely, I soon found out the wife loves Fakenham and with Little Snoring being so very close it is ideal.We often play around in the Stiffkey then inevitably experience a bit of Great Snoring too. Stick to simple pleasures I always say.

The Oldies are the best but of course it's the way I tell 'em. My agent will be taking bookings for next season. I thank you!

ties70

Ah yes now you chaps mention it I am reminded that I partook of the "Bird In Hand" experience but cannot for the life of me remember if it was before or after "Intercourse". Of course this was a good few years ago, we were younger then so it may well have been on the same day.

Nowadays, what with the Covid restrictions and being that much older, we tend not to go so far so Little Snoring does us nicely, I soon found out the wife loves Fakenham and with Little Snoring being so very close it is ideal.We often play around in the Stiffkey then inevitably experience a bit of Great Snoring too. Stick to simple pleasures I always say.

The Oldies are the best but of course it's the way I tell 'em. My agent will be taking bookings for next season. I thank you!

The Mrs. (who spent a year in PennState and knows the area quite well) just tells me that the road from Intercourse leads to Bird in Hand, but if you turn left... then you get straight to Paradise....

Ties

B-Man2

Laugh it up, guys. I live smack-dab in the middle of the Amish Paradise.
Let’s go down and eat at Stoltzfus’s Restaurant . It’s right at the beginning of intercourse . ( Once again I’m not making this stuff up , ask Monsoon :oops:)
;)