• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-15 rescued from the trash

NickG

Willy McCoy said:
During and after the war there were a lot of jackets like this that were actually mil. spec. AND made by the same MFGs as the military issued items. "Civil" jackets did see seat time during and post war. Many of these jackets were sold at the PX as replacement jackets. Don't take my word for it, but just look at the Buzz Rickson catalog from a few years back. They actually reproduced them. Known as "Civil" contracts. I have a nice 55j14 that has all the mil. data that we determined on the old forum that it was a PX purchase. Thank you vurry much for sharing the story about the jacket and I hope that you enjoy it fully. I see a lot of the B-15s in the old movies. On the Waterfront has a few.

True!
Many examples shown here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6720

NickG

Well since my B15 turned out to be a civilian piece and not a USAAF contract garment I decided to patch it up as a C.A.P. jacket.
(an original AirCorps B15 I would have left alone!)
I think it turned out nice!
CIMG0715-1.jpg