• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Authentic Zip

Dany McDonald

Definitely a D1 eh Dany, and been for sparks and mechanics, armourers would have got filthy anyway, not surprised many got ripped up or zips changed

Man I love D-1's, don't really know why its just that the vintage look appeals to me, I see myself riding my Triumph Scrambler in it.

Now I just need the nudge to go GOODWEAR, and I have the NOS zippers for it too, even the Conmar pocket zips...

D

Micawber

D-1's are not at all easy to find. I have had them that were used and abused over on the airfields here and subject to various field / rigger repairs and mods. A repro zip will get that one up and running.

As an aside: While some of us used to wear original gear in our military vehicles years ago (I'm in the UK too) much of the US made shearling has now reached a stage that they require wearing with care or retired for display and replaced with a reproduction. That said if that one is solid in the hand then why not repair and wear. Funnily enough while D-1's I have had have been filthy they have been more solid than B-3, B-6's etc but the zippers were often rough. Just my 2p's worth.

JI2611

Do you have any idea of the history and why it's got that zip in it?

BTW even if part of the zip has fallen apart it could probably be fixed or at least salvaged. And the parts are valuable to restorers of Irvins.
Don’t know it’s history,we have had it for a long time but it is only worn at a few shows that we take the vehicles to…I guess it has probably had a hard life so no shame that the zip has given up!

JI2611

D-1's are not at all easy to find. I have had them that were used and abused over on the airfields here and subject to various field / rigger repairs and mods. A repro zip will get that one up and running.

As an aside: While some of us used to wear original gear in our military vehicles years ago (I'm in the UK too) much of the US made shearling has now reached a stage that they require wearing with care or retired for display and replaced with a reproduction. That said if that one is solid in the hand then why not repair and wear. Funnily enough while D-1's I have had have been filthy they have been more solid than B-3, B-6's etc but the zippers were often rough. Just my 2p's worth.
It doesn’t get a lot of wear just a few shows a year with our vehicles but would like to get it repaired

JI2611

Just to say ’thanks’ to everyone who helped with advice on getting a zip,we took your advice and sent to Japan …all went well and we received the zip very quickly and we have had It fitted, we have now decided as there are so few opportunities for it to be worn now that we will try and sell …not sure how easy that will be, we don’t qualify to sell on here so we will give eBay a try ! Just wanted to thank everyone for pointing us in the right direction to get the proper zip.