• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Authentic Zip

JI2611

We have a wartime flight jacket and the zip has broken….wondered if anyone can advise where we could get an authentic zip, alteration shops can only supply modern zips.

JI2611

We have a wartime flying jacket made by Webber so it is American and the zip has broken hoping someone might know where we can get a replacement zip, obviously not the same but something authentic.

JI2611

Thanks …couple of photos…doesn’t look like Werber on the label.
314C984A-12FA-4917-94AF-58D3D2E83DAB.jpeg
A809B99A-DFB6-4ABF-9E28-5AA1268F8707.jpeg

Southoftheborder

Incidentally what is wrong with it? I think they can be fixed if they aren't completely gone and there are companies who can get them going again. Mostly those who repair Irvins in the UK. But if you want to keep the jacket for show maybe there is no need to fix the zip.

I'm not sure that many WW2 US sheepskin jackets are actually wearable now anyway.

Micawber

We are getting there albeit slowly. So it looks to be a D-1 jacket that has been fitted with a DOT zip - a type commonly found on WW2 British Irvin type flying jackets.
Perhaps you could advise us of your location, nothing too specific a country will do. This will aid us advising you further. Period DOT zips are not that common as jacket restorers / collectors are often after them to repair their own items.
Your jacket is American so would in all likelihood have been fitted with a US made zip.
Perhaps post some full images of the jacket itself. Have you posted about it here before?

Southoftheborder

We are getting there albeit slowly. So it looks to be a D-1 jacket that has been fitted with a DOT zip - a type commonly found on WW2 British Irvin type flying jackets.
Perhaps you could advise us of your location, nothing too specific a country will do. This will aid us advising you further. Period DOT zips are not that common as jacket restorers / collectors are often after them to repair their own items.
Your jacket is American so would in all likelihood have been fitted with a US made zip.
Perhaps post some full images of the jacket itself. Have you posted about it here before?
That was my first thought but it seems to have patch pockets.

JonnyCrow

Steve correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a full British air ministry zipper on there? Puller and full ladder and stopper, looks old too like it's been on there a long time