• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At this price perfection must be assumed

John Lever

Sorry McCoys but at over 3k gbp the pockets must align perfectly. Beautiful sheepskin and a brave design though.
Screenshot_20210920-093348.png

Shropshire-lad

3K???? Sheeesh….. where and how do they justify that kind of price tag? I know that the so called rich people could but there aren’t that many and it’s just a ludicrous sum…..in my VERY humble opinion. Even if I COULD it’s a no-go…. And I do have a B6 or D1 on my Chrimbo list!

Pilot

Welcome to purchasing POWER ( mostly Dictators-ship ) economies… sponsored by low cost crap offered to and in Western/ economies… low cost cheap Charlies…buyers! ( markets) …
We can buy thanks to all cheap Charley buyers…
Thanks for your fidelity buying our crap…hence allowing us to buy high priced ( in your perception crap) luxury unnecessary top quality …
But “ the Joy over cheap never lasts as long as Quality :)
Welcome to the biggest world market economy…

Sorry for the ranting…

Just my few years of experience dealing with/in major middle east/ far east/ asian economies… all respectful with Human Rights, Ecological/ sustainable and Copyright…
… but a lot of ( glamour/ for Westerners insane ..) purchasing power…

Last edited:

917_k

I’d love to know who buys this stuff. It’s priced so high that only really wealthy individuals are going to buy it, but I can’t imagine many of those are going to be interested in something like this and would instead turn to something from a high end fashion label. Really bizarre.

Kermit3D

I've never had a Real McCoy in my hands... but I don't understand their concept at all.
A weird misaligned D-1, an Irvin jacket (over $4000) with Talon zips...
Am I missing something that justifies these prices ?
In French we call this : "de la branlette". :rolleyes:

Pilot

Please enjoy some Asian “ economies “ and “ culture “ for “a while” and you will surely understand… :)
As an evidence and cross-example…in France.. try to find a French native doctor working for the CMU or SECU low fees ( according to convention)…
All good ones leave and work for real $$£¥¥€…abroad… The only one left in Gov SECU /CMU system are from abroad…maybe no so bad but… according to State standards… hmmm…
Money calls and rules…as a general picture… ( like it or not… FACT!!… private clinics medics etc …still there… timing and extra €€€€ needed to enter…)…
The same rules apply and explain it all also for useless luxury or not goods..

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

I had a lovely RMCJ M-422a, one of the ‘never should have sold it’ scenarios, but even that wasn’t worth what they would charge for it these days. But as we’ve said a time or two before, there must be folk out there prepared to pay these ludicrous prices, or RM and their ilk wouldn’t be in business.

Last edited:

Fturk

I’d love to know who buys this stuff. It’s priced so high that only really wealthy individuals are going to buy it, but I can’t imagine many of those are going to be interested in something like this and would instead turn to something from a high end fashion label. Really bizarre.
I bought a B-6 last week. People like myself who can afford but I don’t like overpaying for stuff even though I can afford it. But after handling and ordering the other brands I view the McCoy as an investment piece that will hold its value. I will still be able to sell it for close to the price I paid in 5 yrs time if I don’t wear it often which I won’t be.

Micawber

I bought a B-6 last week. People like myself who can afford but I don’t like overpaying for stuff even though I can afford it. But after handling and ordering the other brands I view the McCoy as an investment piece that will hold its value. I will still be able to sell it for close to the price I paid in 5 yrs time if I don’t wear it often which I won’t be.

With respect I thought you had left the building.