• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At The Front sale B-10

Clark J

Got mine today great deal for an everyday wearer.Nice knits and mouton and the zip is on the correct side.The miss stitching is no big deal!I got a XL and it is big so keep that in mind,could probably wear a L.Only real bad thing is it has big blousy sleeves but this can easily be fixed!
http://atthefront.com/closeouts.html

ausreenactor

ties70 said:
Hello Clark,

could you take some pictures of the jacket?

Thanks a lot

Ties

Ties..

I think you could buy a couple and treat them to your handiwork. Make a bit of a killing!!

Couchy

Silver Dollar

I just went and ordered myself one of those jackets. They call them defected but the rest of the jacket looked pretty nice. I should have the jacket by Thursday I hope. I can get a few shots if anyone wants them.

Jason

I think I might take the plunge too... good price for a daily wearer. Thanks to Couchy who first pointed it out (to me at least)

Silver Dollar

I should have written this sooner but my excitement was too great. I ordered my B 10 from ATF at 4 PM EDT on 21 June and received it at 5:30 PM on 22 June. I call that incredible service. The staff was extremely helpful and answered each one of my questions with no problem. The jacket looks pretty good from my point of view. The experts would know more about it than I do but I'm pretty happy with it. The only non original material in it is the acrylic pile lining which is 1/4 " thicker than the original B 10s. It's definitely a warm jacket.

ausreenactor

Silver Dollar said:
Yes. Thanks Couchy. Sorry I forgot to thank you. I guess iin my excitement, I got careless. :(

No need to thank me. I am like the At The Front Goodwill Ambassador!! I love all they make. Have thousands invested in stuff that
has never seen the light of day. Just waiting for the prices to rise and quality to drop (sound familiar? cough EASTMAN cough..) and
then offload it, or give it to the lad..

Enjoy the jacket. I have purchased two of their Ike Jackets for $60 plus $45 shipping (AU$110.??). The second at $45 on eBay plus $45
shipping (AU$112.??). Gotta love the fluctuating exchange rate. Made a bit on the last MA-1 I sold. Timed the ebb and flow to perfection.
Just picked up a RM Tanker in a Large...will have to wait for the Aussie dollar to fall again!

Viva le ATF!!

Couchy

Tim P

Have you seen that ATF are producing a correct version of the camo 1 piece hbt... ww2 impressions closed theirs out and they had button fastening which, if it is correct, was only correct for a minority of suits.
These zip fronted ones look the biz, every time I have seen a real set I have drooled. Question now is what in all blazes would I actually do with a set....

ausreenactor

A prototype was listed on eBay some time ago. I gave up at the $140 mark. The seller quoted a $200 start price. The suit fetched $240+ and they are retailing for $125. I am impressed, as they could do an early USMC gig and USN scout...

Couchy

Tim P

I thought that too, lots of Army use too, even ETO. N othing that any groups I am involved in do

Clark J

Here ya go!ATF on the left next to an Eastman.
001-4.jpg

003-7.jpg

005-5.jpg

002-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

alcon

Thanks, it's really appreciated. Well, what are your impressions? Is the ATF a viable altenative or is it just better to save your $$$ and go for the ELC? Or is there another repro that is head and shoulders above the ATF? Your comments and recommendations are important. Thanks again. :)

johnwayne

Personally/IMO and I stress that - its chalk and cheese!
The collar both in shape and colour, the pocket flaps in particular and the colour of the shell make it what it is - a lesser quality reproduction jacket although no dubt refected in the price - a case of getting what you pay for or is that harsh? The material itself maybe OK and stand up fine for 'wear and tear' but it wouldn't be for me - if I was considering a B10 I think I'd give this a swerve but, to each his own!!!

cheers
Wayne

Clark J

Well in a nut shell,sure it's not even close to perfect but with an Eastman close to $600 bucks this fits the bill...just $150 for a daily wearer that you don't have to worry about!

Clark J

If the ATF B-10 doesn't do it for you there's always the "Super"Pike Bro. B-10(left)!!!Right Jeff!

TankBuster

That's right Clarky.

Here's my take on B-10 jackets. I have owned, and still own some original large size B-10's that I wear. I've also owned almost every different repro maker of them out there. I my opinion, Eastman is the best B-10 on the market. Buzz is OK, as well as the Real McCoy Stagg, but Eastman (at least my 2) are more accurate.

Clark nailed it, if you want a repro that is very close to the real deal, buy the Eastman. If you are looking for value, and having everything perfect isn't a big deal, these ATF jackets seem to be a very good option for you.