• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asking for Assistance Identifying These WW2 Unit Patches

CBI

Thanks EH and all - they are all identified!!!!! Much appreciated. Hopefully, I can begin posting the individual pics soon.

Hey EH, in regards the 32nd Fighter Squadron (ram with broken arrow), do you have a pic/drawing that shows the correct angle to display the patch?

I can see this design ending up on one of my A-2's

EMBLEMHUNTER

CBI said:
Thanks EH and all - they are all identified!!!!! Much appreciated. Hopefully, I can begin posting the individual pics soon.

Hey EH, in regards the 32nd Fighter Squadron (ram with broken arrow), do you have a pic/drawing that shows the correct angle to display the patch?

I can see this design ending up on one of my A-2's
Well I have a color zerox copy of the emblem from the Stamp collection albums they put out back in the 1940's , the image has the ram's head on a level with the point of the arrow almost straight down, it has a slight tilt to the right , I'm not 100% sure this is how it would have been worn as I've never seen an "actual" patch , but it being drawn by the Disney boys I'm sure the stamp was printed in the position it would have originally been drawn out as .

I'm sorry I don't have a loaded image to send you , give Bob Watkins a e mail he can probably help you with it as he has these stamps in his collection or at least the images of them, make sure to tell him "Siggy" sent you .

Johnny
One other note this Squadron was part of the 36th Pursuit Group you could possibly try finding someone with thier history that could possibly help with the 32nd's design.

EMBLEMHUNTER

a2jacketpatches said:
Thought I saw someone recommend the Nat. Geo. Blue book but lost the thread. I'll dump em here
NatGeo005.jpg

NatGeo004.jpg

NatGeo003.jpg

NatGeo002.jpg

NatGeo001.jpg

Thanks for posting these , there were a couple of the Nat Geo's that had the various emblems shown in them, these are a great help to anyone into the WW-2 era emblem designs , I ran across a few of the issues some years ago .
Johnny