• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Army approves Pinks & Greens on Veterans Day & leather jacket!

Edward

Pretty certain it’s you that has shown no class in this thread. I don’t know what crawled up your ass but this is the last time posting in this thread. I don’t know you and I could care less about you good luck on your tour of duty I do wish you well and be safe.

EmergencyIan

Well ausreenactor, victory over the Third Reich and Japanese Empire was achieved by the allies and the war won but if winning means accepting Allied casualties such as 83,045 from the 21st Army Group (British, Canadian and Polish ground forces), 125,847 from the US ground forces.... and in all America would lose slightly more than 400,000 soldiers... British soldiers 908,371!!!)
Then I guess you can call that winning.
The Soviet Union: An estimated 16,825,000 people died in the war, over 15% of its population! China also lost an astounding 20,000,000 people during the conflict.
Australia lost 27,073 soldiers, and of the 30,560 that were taken prisoner of war 8296 died in captivity. But being a re-enactor I’m sure you are aware.

I never served. But I wish I had. No matter the conflict Whether it be WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan soldiers do their duty that they are ordered to do. They know their job and do it. Certain objectives were met in every conflict whether or not it was “won” and I respect their service and respect the uniform. Soldiers wear their uniforms with pride, dignity and honor no matter the outcome of which ever war.

I am very proud of all of them and I am equally excited and proud of the new uniform choice. It is classy and honors those before them with all due respect!

I would think someone with a nickname “ausreenactor” would have better sense than to post something so distasteful. :(

Well said!

We had a nice little thread going about something innocuous and then were trolled. Strange. You guys have responded to it much better than I did.

Something that crossed my mind, however, is, if you dislike the United States, why wear our clothing, more specifically our military jackets? I don’t understand that. Well, whatever.

More than enough said by me.

- Ian

Edward

Well in light of his having to go on the third tour of Afghanistan I do wish to apologize to AUSREENACTOR for that last comment. As I have said I have the utmost respect for men and women in service and their dedication to the job they have to do. I would not want to have to go there either. Perhaps America is to blame otherwise he wouldn’t be going and I get that. All I wanted to do what show my pride in a new uniform that was revealed and nothing more. I’m sorry it lead to all of this. I try to put myself in his shoes and having to go on another tour of duty in Afghanistan all the while being told “ hey look at America’s new uniforms” probably rubbed him the wrong way. I will now take my leave of this thread and hopefully you can go back on topic among the rest of you

raulm1961

Can we go back to the subject. I have a question. Will camo fatigues also be changed to OG 107 like it was before? God I hope so.

ausreenactor

Woodland, Six colour desert, Three colour desert, ACU, Mulitcam. The evolution is just that..

The dress uniforms changing are a hefty impost. For soldiers on the bones of their arse an
enforced indulgence is seldom welcomed. Initial issue is generally at no cost but 'wear and
tear' replacement cost is all on the wearer. And dress uniforms are rarely cheap. Newly
promoted senior NCOs in the Australian Army get a generic black Mess Uniform now to
reduce costs. It looks okay but you look you are in the Air Force and nobody wants that.
When you get to E-8 you need to look old school so the traditional white Mess Dress is
highly valuable. Finding the matching trousers and accoutrements makes it even harder.

I guess Officers and ORs will be wearing the blue dress uniform for the next eight years.
If they stick it out. Eight years is a long time in the US Army. I only know of two out of the
entire Eagle Assault HHC staff from 2008 that are still serving.

Monsoon

Initial issue is generally at no cost but 'wear and tear' replacement cost is all on the wearer.

Actually, the enlisted get a uniform allowance to cover the cost of new uniforms and to replace ones that have worn out.

Of course, it never covers the entire cost of new uniforms, and a lot of the guys usually drink their uniform allowance, too.

ausreenactor

Actually, the enlisted get a uniform allowance to cover the cost of new uniforms and to replace ones that have worn out.

Of course, it never covers the entire cost of new uniforms, and a lot of the guys usually drink their uniform allowance, too.

A man's gotta have a hobby!