• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Army approves Pinks & Greens on Veterans Day & leather jacket!

Edward

93E237C8-B5B0-4CBE-B435-10E603DDE6F8.jpeg
617AD88F-9522-4752-875C-5E2DC02482BA.jpeg

“...Everyone will also be able to buy a leather bomber jacket as an outerwear option”

The United States Army is adopting an iconic uniform -- the "Army Greens" -- as its new service uniform. The uniforms in this photo are prototype models. (Photo Credit: U.S. Army photo)
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...a-present-a-long-awaited-new-service-uniform/

Last edited:

Edward

Gentleman it’s real. they have been talking about doing this for sometime now and Yesterday they made it official not only with the announcement but on live television not to mention it’s posted on the official army website. The army would not make a joke of this on a national holiday such as Veterans Day.

Edward

“The current Army Blues Uniform will return to being a formal dress uniform, while the Army Greens will become the everyday business-wear uniform for all soldiers,” an Army news release says. “The Army Combat Uniform — also known as the Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP) – will remain the Army’s duty/field uniform.”
The first units should get the new uniforms as early as summer 2020 and all soldiers will be required to wear them by 2028, the news release says.

EmergencyIan

I guess it takes the US Army back to the last time they had a 'win' too....

Is there a dislike button?

Do the U.S. Army’s “new” uniforms remind you of your Army’s last win, on the backs of the Americans? Or do they just remind you of when the U.S. military occupied your country, during WWII, and “stole” your women?

- Ian

B-Man2

I guess it takes the US Army back to the last time they had a 'win' too....

As someone who’s posts I usually enjoy reading,
I have to ask why you would do that on Veterans Day. You had to know that post would be offensive to some of us and cause a stir and I just don’t get why you would throw that up here.
Sorry to hear you feel that way.

Last edited:

Edward

Well ausreenactor, victory over the Third Reich and Japanese Empire was achieved by the allies and the war won but if winning means accepting Allied casualties such as 83,045 from the 21st Army Group (British, Canadian and Polish ground forces), 125,847 from the US ground forces.... and in all America would lose slightly more than 400,000 soldiers... British soldiers 908,371!!!)
Then I guess you can call that winning.
The Soviet Union: An estimated 16,825,000 people died in the war, over 15% of its population! China also lost an astounding 20,000,000 people during the conflict.
Australia lost 27,073 soldiers, and of the 30,560 that were taken prisoner of war 8296 died in captivity. But being a re-enactor I’m sure you are aware.

I never served. But I wish I had. No matter the conflict Whether it be WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan soldiers do their duty that they are ordered to do. They know their job and do it. Certain objectives were met in every conflict whether or not it was “won” and I respect their service and respect the uniform. Soldiers wear their uniforms with pride, dignity and honor no matter the outcome of which ever war.

I am very proud of all of them and I am equally excited and proud of the new uniform choice. It is classy and honors those before them with all due respect!

I would think someone with a nickname “ausreenactor” would have better sense than to post something so distasteful. :(

Last edited:

ausreenactor

As I prepare for my third deployment to Afghanistan I would like to tell you to politely 'bash it'.

How did those returning Vietnam veterans at the 'hippie' protests get treated back in the day? More recent returning soldiers are not allowed to voice an informed opinion?

To anyone who has served, or is currently serving, PM me if you have taken umbrage to the post. I will outline my frustrations. Mostly tied to the fact that Tarin Kowt and Bastion are once again Taliban strongholds.

You love stats. Tell me how many ramp ceremonies you have attended in country for fallen Canadian, British, US and Australian troops?

The rest.. 'meh'.

Edward

As I prepare for my third deployment to Afghanistan I would like to tell you to politely 'bash it'.

How did those returning Vietnam veterans at the 'hippie' protests get treated back in the day? More recent returning soldiers are not allowed to voice an informed opinion?

To anyone who has served, or is currently serving, PM me if you have taken umbrage to the post. I will outline my frustrations. Mostly tied to the fact that Tarin Kowt and Bastion are once again Taliban strongholds.

You love stats. Tell me how many ramp ceremonies you have attended in country for fallen Canadian, British, US and Australian troops?

The rest.. 'meh'.

I thank you for your service to your country. I wish you well and a safe return. I hope you get a new uniform design you can be proud of as well.
Sincerely. And then go fuck yourself.