• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and Everything A-1

bseal

The goal was to have something that demonstrated a close resemblance to ELC's earlier A-1, but in a darker hide.

zoomer

joeson said:
bseal said:
joeson said:
The link has been sent,although not acknowledged.
?
To zoomer,for the japanese shop.
Yes, thank you joeson. Unfortunately there was no picture and no mention of any A-1 anywhere on the site. Strikes me as the sort of thing that would be sold very privately, anyway.

May I reveal the address of the site? Maybe someone else can find the A-1 if it's there.

joeson

This is the link:http://www.marvins-jp.com/index.htm
As I said,the link was so you could contact them for pictures.If there had been pictures on the site I would have linked to them.The jacket was hanging in the shop,behind the counter,and had a price tag on it.The woman working in the shop,on the computer,spoke English,so communication should not be a problem.

zoomer

No email there either...I guess they speak English better than they read it :geek: Anyway, thanks...

bseal

Aero_A-1_1.jpg

bseal

The capeskin is quite substantial, at least 3 oz. The lining is a cotton twill, which should hold up well in relation to the heaviness of the leather. I can't say it feels like a "leather sweater," like other manufacturer's A-1s, but it does seem to have a fast break in time.

Aero_A-1_4.jpg

Chandler

I never put this together until I thought of Chapman putting these together through trial and error, but what is he (and other makers, for that matter) using for the collar? Is it basically the same knit as the waistband?

Chandler