• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone with pics of an original Aero 42-15142-P?

blethook

Hi all,

Just wondering if any one of you here has pictures of an original Aero A2 contract No. 42-15142-P?
Would be interested to see what the original looks like and also if you could comment on the fit, etc.

Thanking you in advance,
B.

Roughwear

Aeros from the previous contract were identical to the 42-15142-P. Indeed I have seen jackets from the W535ac21996 contract with the 15142 label sewn over the original label! You might find this thread of interest:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7105

blethook

Andrew,

Thanks for the thread link. What's your opinion on the fit, generally? Snug, or generous?

I have heard Aeros tend to be shorter (in the body) than the others? Is this the case?

Thanks,
B.

Roughwear

It's an average wartime size 44. I have a 38-40 chest and it's a good fit and is not tight. Yes they tend to be a little shorter in the body than other makers' A2 jackets. My original Star, Perry and Poughkeepsie are all at least an inch longer in the body.