• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hey everyone!
Couple weeks ago, I purchased this vintage car coat from Aero Leather Galashiel's factory. All I heard was that it's from the 1930s. Google didn't yield anything successful when I searched "Anderson's London and Bristol", "Anderson's Leathers", "Anderson's Clothing 1930s", etc etc. So I'm turning to your expertise. Here are some pics attached

Attachments

• IMG_5868.jpg
    IMG_5868.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG-5859.jpg
    IMG-5859.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 310
  • IMG-5860.jpg
    IMG-5860.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG-5861.jpg
    IMG-5861.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 246
  • IMG-5862.jpg
    IMG-5862.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG-5863.jpg
    IMG-5863.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG-5864.jpg
    IMG-5864.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG-5865.jpg
    IMG-5865.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG-5866.jpg
    IMG-5866.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 239

Southoftheborder

You could try the Fedora Lounge. They have people there who are knowledgeable about old civilian coats. But it's a long shot really. Anderson's would have been a shop and has long gone. It's impossible to find out who made the jackets that Sears sold in the US in thousands post war let alone an obscure 30's gent's clothing business.

Doesn't Aero know anything about it? They must have obtained it from somewhere. Unless it's been sitting in a back room for years and no one knows where it came from.

BTW it looks like a motoring coat and is really very nice. Does it fit you?

You could try the Fedora Lounge. They have people there who are knowledgeable about old civilian coats. But it's a long shot really. Anderson's would have been a shop and has long gone. It's impossible to find out who made the jackets that Sears sold in the US in thousands post war let alone an obscure 30's gent's clothing business.

Doesn't Aero know anything about it? They must have obtained it from somewhere. Unless it's been sitting in a back room for years and no one knows where it came from.

BTW it looks like a motoring coat and is really very nice. Does it fit you?

Yeah it fits me perfectly, beautiful coat in great condition. I want to know more about it just for my own education. It doesn’t have a steerhide or horsehide label or anything and Aero pretty much told me just to google around when I bought it

Smithy

There were a thousand and one companies making motoring/aviation clothing in the interwar period as it was exceedingly popular and in many cases, exceedingly necessary. I can't add anything about the company but it's stylistically very typical of many coats of this nature.

As I mentioned in your other thread, I have a bit of a thing for pre WWII motoring coats and if you ever decide to let it go please PM me ;-)