• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Stratoliner

fishmeok

I'm in between hides right now so I decided to use up the rest of the cowhide I made the last two Luftwaffe jackets out of. It's another Stratoliner with two inside pockets, lightweight wool liner (heavy satin on the sleeves), wool knits, and some new "cinnamon" mouton I picked up a while back (too difficult to find vintage red mouton that is usable- I have a big bag full of stuff that looks good, but cracks when you try to use it for a collar). The zipper is a modern Talon (thanks Jeff!). Hand pockets are lined with cashmere/cotton blend corduroy for that luxurious feel....
Cheers
Mark

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3946.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

bfrench

Administrator
fishmeok said:
I'm in between hides right now so I decided to use up the rest of the cowhide I made the last two Luftwaffe jackets out of. It's another Stratoliner with two inside pockets, lightweight wool liner (heavy satin on the sleeves), wool knits, and some new "cinnamon" mouton I picked up a while back (too difficult to find vintage red mouton that is usable- I have a big bag full of stuff that looks good, but cracks when you try to use it for a collar). The zipper is a modern Talon (thanks Jeff!). Hand pockets are lined with cashmere/cotton blend corduroy for that luxurious feel....
Cheers
Mark

IMG_3943.jpg

Hi, Mark,

Fantastic jacket - would look extra special with two piece arms and a one piece back.

BTW - the pic above is my favourite.

Cheers,
Bill French

dujardin

again a splendid one.
this jacket is super cooool
like the lining

as Bill, photo is also super coollllllllllll

byeeeeee

marcel

jack aranda

Another beauty.
I've lived in my 1941 hybrid since the day it arrived. I've never worn a jacket that fit so well, felt so right. Everywhere I go, people comment on it, ask about it. Last night in North Beach the owner of a custom clothing store asked if I got it at Aero.
You do amazing work, Mark. :cool:

fishmeok

Thanks all. I am very happy with the way it turned out. BTW I just posted it in the classifieds.... I can only enjoy them so long as I don't want to make something else. Right now that's about a day and a half....
Cheers
Mark

dujardin

the origin

i saw this jacket for sale on ebay.
the seller said it was a jacket used by a B-25 during WW2.
i was in doubt and the jacket was not worth the value requested by the seller.
so i ask Mark to reproduce one for me.
i surely not regret my decision.

2 photos of the ebay listing.

1473army13.jpg

1473army12.jpg

i have another idea; but not for the moment.
also on ebay, a little bit later; i discover this one.
a jacket made by Strauss .... Levy Strauss
a nice one

BjqzjmQCGkKGrHqEOKi0EsmBQm8BLUjWJYyw_3.jpg

BjqznBgB2kKGrHqIOKkQEslOHNJSLBLUjW-fmg_3.jpg

byebyeeeeeeeeee
marcel

grommet

Marcel,
Is that the jacket on your Avatar?
Have you considered wearing it with a pink neck tie and dog tags? :p

dujardin

hello Alan

yes
the day i receive the jacket, i decide to make a photo and play the game with the old bicycle.
than just a little work on photoshop to play with the color scheme and that's the result.

some other photos i did

DSCF0249.jpg

DSCF0261.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

DSCF0267.jpg

bye marcel

grommet

Marcel,
I was totally taken in by the B&W Avatar with the old bike - looks like right out of the 1940's.
The jacket looks terrific. It has elegant simplicity. It also must be fairly utilitarian given the Belgian weather.
There is not as much call for fur collars in California, which is either fortunate or not, depending on how you look at it.
Nice dog too.