• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An amazing A-2 size 50 from the Liberandos named

znort

IMG_0493.jpeg

It has a silk scarf with the squadron patch and the group patch with the name of the pilot, the leather is in perfect condition, a original masterpiece !!!
IMG_0493.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpeg
    IMG_0492.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0491.jpeg
    IMG_0491.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0488.jpeg
    IMG_0488.jpeg
    989.8 KB · Views: 127

Silver Surfer

Yeah, there were a few size 50s made, and worn by brass and desk jockeys that show up are often in pretty good condition. It seems that the big a-2s were made by aero and cable. Other contracts may have been made in size 50, but I haven’t seen any. MacArthur’s a-2 was a big boy jacket made by cable.

Last edited:

Pilot

I have/know of 6 members here happy to invest more than 500Euro nowadays into any kind of jacket ( shipping incl,)… sorry by recent listing experience … maybe I forgot some..Happy to be shot and proven wrong… please feel free to come back to me, as I have several GW and BR and RMcC’s plus WW2 originals to sell… but…:)

Nickb123

My neighbor has a size 48 or 50 of some kind, I’ll have to see which contract it is. Yours is in far better condition than his!

Chandler

The placement of the patches on the sleeves of this jacket concern me. Placed by someone after it was brought home from service?

ZuZu

When I was on sabbatical and went ti the non-signed in version of VLJ there were these same pics at the bottom of some pages. What gives?