• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternative repro Irvin

Roughwear

Without close-up pics it is hard to thoroughly evaluate this repro. It is based on a later War Links jacket. It looks ok to me. The buckle is wrong, but the honey-coloured fleece is fine and the general appearance of the Irvin seems closer to orginals than some other more expensive repros.

PADDY_M

Change the buckle and the zips and you have a Bobby Dazzler. Though you'd need to see it up close first - me thinks. And again for £300 smakkers, well...I'd be looking for a second hand early Eastman (but NO - NOT NOW!!! I'm on the road to recovery these days).

John Lever

Roughwear said:
Do you know who makes them John?
No idea.
It caught my eye but I'm not too keen on the amounts of wool at the cuffs and waist.
As Paddy says the wool is very nice, and with some tweaks here and there it could be a nice jacket.

John Lever

Ha ha !, no I got my old, old ELC RAF back from Canada, shame the seller sent it surface . Some mistake at the PO in Montreal.... 5 weeks and counting.