• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Mitchum'ed out....

Tim P

I get a buzz from the flight gear on 'the hunters' but does any other movie of the period offer the same thrill for the likes of us?

BTW, were chest type parachutes used by medium or heavy bomber crewmen in Korea?

Tim

MikeyB-17

Defintely the original version of 'The Thing from Another World' (remade by John Carpenter as 'The Thing'). Loads of original flying jackets including A-2's, B-11/9's and a single pocket cinch-back Levis denim jacket as well. Also 'Strategic Air Command', 'A Gathering of Eagles' and for the navy lovers, 'Bridges at Toko-Ri'. As for the 'chutes, I know there were medium bomber crews using chest chutes, I have pics of B-26 crews wearing them in Osprey's 'B-26 Invader Units over Korea'.

Tim P

MikeyB-17 said:
As for the 'chutes, I know there were medium bomber crews using chest chutes, I have pics of B-26 crews wearing them in Osprey's 'B-26 Invader Units over Korea'.

cool, that saves me a packet.. with My B15C, matching trousers, B-5 Mae wast, HS-33 headset, all I need is a brightly coloured baseball cap!!

usafwso

Or like this?

cwu1.jpg

l2b.jpg

usafwso

Lets not forget the film "X-15". A number of L-2b jacket views. Also of note, the first major motion picture that Mary Tyler Moore played a minor roll.

Weasel_Loader

usafwso said:
Lets not forget the film "X-15". A number of L-2b jacket views. Also of note, the first major motion picture that Mary Tyler Moore played a minor roll.

I just saw that movie for the first time a few months ago. Decent movie, but if I remember correctly, that's the movie that has the strange L-2Bs. They look to be cheap civilian replicas. Am I right on this one :?: