• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero's new pebbled grain merino.

mulceber

I have one as well. The finish on the exterior is some of the nicest I’ve seen, and it’s much more comfortable than any shearling jacket I’ve worn. It should be pointed out though that the fleece is about a third or half as thick as would be accurate to an original. That’s either really nice (wearable in more weather), or a big problem (inaccurate), depending on your priorities.

Micawber

I have one as well. The finish on the exterior is some of the nicest I’ve seen, and it’s much more comfortable than any shearling jacket I’ve worn. It should be pointed out though that the fleece is about a third or half as thick as would be accurate to an original. That’s either really nice (wearable in more weather), or a big problem (inaccurate), depending on your priorities.

I think their website ought to clarify that it is a lightweight version. I hate to think of anyone parting with their hard earned expecting to receive a heavy shearling.

J.R.303

Micawber, I did a forum search for "Aero leathers pebbled merino" and nothing comes up.
This looks like my dream irvin as I have been wearing my What Price Glory one a lot as it is very light and comfortable and can be worn in all weathers. It even keeps easterly winds out on the beach.

J.R.303

The next batch will have slightly stiffer exterior and slightly longer fleece, very much like the 1940/41 jackets before the real heavy bulkier leather was the norm
Won't look any different
You must be joking! I should have my jacket now but opted for this option because of the lighter weight and softer exterior. I was going for the normal russet but only noticed the merino at the last moment. I was told the other day it might be another three weeks and I ordered on 2nd of December.
Do you know when it will be in ?

Ken at Aero Leather

You must be joking! I should have my jacket now but opted for this option because of the lighter weight and softer exterior. I was going for the normal russet but only noticed the merino at the last moment. I was told the other day it might be another three weeks and I ordered on 2nd of December.
Do you know when it will be in ?

I doubt the new fleece will be in by then but when ir's ready it will be lighter than our current options
Best contact [email protected]

John Lever

The next batch will have slightly stiffer exterior and slightly longer fleece, very much like the 1940/41 jackets before the real heavy bulkier leather was the norm
Won't look any different
That's a shame just when you hit the jackpot....the ease of wear is THE thing for me, does it have to change ? I ordered one for September...this concerns me.